Ways to loose belly fat

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who is brave enough to post their starting weight and go on a diet/exercise together? I'll start.

I am 5'7" tall. My starting weight was 151 pounds. Sunday morning I weighed 146. I was skinny all my life and even went on diets to gain weight. Mid 50's I started to gain. I was pleased, I had BOOBS! I had a BUTT! But it turned into a belly, then a belly roll. It's got to go. My goal is 130-135 pounds.

I walked 8,288 steps today or 2.9 miles.

My husband and I are both on a low carb, low calorie diet.

So who's next?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Excess weight isn't about looks -- it's mostly about your health. Maybe not immediately but, over time. This is MY concern with individuals who have gotten "too fluffy". Many health issues can be greatly relieved with weight loss, or be newly found problems with too much excess weight. It's about more than pounds. Your heart, lungs, blood vessels, joints -- all work harder & over time, you have problems.

I am blessed with very good health and light weight. My DGD concerns me with her future. While she is healthy now, she is way heavier than she should be and I know that this opens her to the possibility of future health concerns. She has recently begun to cut back on her eating, with some healthier choices and PORTIONS. It thrills me, no end. Not yet optimal dietary choices but, working. :love It is NOT something we discuss, so there is no body imaging issues but, her school does promote "healthy" and there are a LOT of students who should listen & do. A little exercise would do wonders for her!

At my age, I am very active but, find it harder to maintain muscle mass/strength. It is something I have begun to work with by incorporating some "scheduled" light weight reps for arms, legs. etc. Generally I do stretches each morning....ya know, that stiff when you get out of bed crap! It keeps strains & kinks at bay. Yeah, I do the feed and hay, gardening, chores, etc. Not the same. :( Shoulders/arms mostly...hand strength. Thankfully, no aches and pains, damages -- unless you count wrinkles! :lol:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mid 50's I started to gain. I was pleased, I had BOOBS! I had a BUTT! But it turned into a belly, then a belly roll. It's got to go.

Just WAIT -- "stuff" moves around...not where you want it. Gravity is cruel. Wrinkles are ugly. Turkey necks abound. Creases where you never thought it could happen. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Call me weird. Well. you can if you want: I find wrinkles to be attractive. They give character. Hubby and I were at an indoor flea market a few weeks ago. Just as we were getting ready to leave, this little old lady came in. I simply couldn't take my eyes off her. Her face was absolutely stunning. Wrinkles galore. And it was pure joy to watch her as she walked from one booth to an other, taking delight in all she saw and touched.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1549553546476359893571050097864.jpg

My boyfriend received that in the mail. Once we move I was already told I'm going to be making it. I'm really not that crazy for cooked veggies (prefer them to be raw) but I'm game for that soup at least once.
I'm 5' 1/2" tall and weigh close to 200 pounds (I think) and my boyfriend is 6' tall and weighs close to 245 pounds.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That soup looks wonderful. I LOVE soups. Good way to get all those veggie servings in. Here's a thought: when you eat your raw veggies, how many do you eat? Typically, when folks are eating raw veggies, they may eat a few carrot or celery sticks, a bowl of salad, some cucumber slices. If that's what they are doing, there's no way that that raw serving size will equal a cup of cooked broccoli or carrots. So, if the meal is not predominantly vegetables, the meal is weighted in favor of more calorie dense foods... or you are soon looking for a snack b/c you didn't get filled up by the meal. Granted, some of the nutrients are lost in the cooking process. But... when looking at eating a few carrot sticks vs. a cup of cooked carrots, I'll go with the cooked veggies b/c they are easier to eat, and I end up eating more of them.

Cooked veggies can be doctored up without adding many calories: vinegar or a vinegar based salad dressing for the brassicas, garlic, lemon juice, Mrs Dash, or one of my favorites for all the others:

http://nutmegspice.co/qr/9-3-13/veg_seasoning.html

vegseas.jpg

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LazyGardener,
When I eat raw veggies it goes something like this 3/4 cup baby carrots, 1/2 cup celery ribs, 6-7 cherry (or grape) tomatoes, 1/2 each red, green, yellow pepper (or 4-5 snack size peppers), 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers arranged on a plate with 2 Tbs ranch dressing. I'm forgetting a couple of veggies but at this moment I'm being a blonde. I might throw a couple ounces of cheese on the plate also along with a protein.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm 6 foot tall and currently weigh 210 lbs. I fluctuate between 190's to 210's depending on the season. Eventhough I have 2 different waist sizes of pants (1 for winter & 1 for summer) I'm happy where I'm at and don't plan on any diet expect for a eating kind of diet :). I get plenty of exercise also, so I don't plan on that either.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm 6 foot tall and currently weigh 210 lbs. I fluctuate between 190's to 210's depending on the season. Eventhough I have 2 different waist sizes of pants (1 for winter & 1 for summer) I'm happy where I'm at and don't plan on any diet expect for a eating kind of diet :). I get plenty of exercise also, so I don't plan on that either.
Just because you're not planning on doing something doesn't mean that at some point you're not going to try it. If you're medical health says you're healthy than it's all good but once you're medical health says you're not healthy than I bet you're way of thinking will change.

Latest posts