Ways to loose belly fat

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just because you're not planning on doing something doesn't mean that at some point you're not going to try it. If you're medical health says you're healthy than it's all good but once you're medical health says you're not healthy than I bet you're way of thinking will change.

I suspect your right... I get an exam including blood work every 6 months. Last report in Dec my doc said "your healthy as a bull ox but I want you to get a colonoscopy". I decided against a colonoscopy and called and cancelled my appointment. Yeah, my doctor is a country doctor. I can't argue with healthy as a bull ox.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My BMI is 25 - 26 depending on the time of the year. When my pants start fitting a bit tight, or tying my shoes is a bit of a challenge, I know it's time to pay more attention to what I eat.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
CrealCritter, there's no harm in a colonoscopy. I'm a female plus younger than 50 and I've had two of them. The first one came back I had a couple of polyps which ended up being benign and the last one there was nothing.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I recently had a friend pass from colon cancer. He was about 44 years old when he started having some issues. I had moved away so the details are sketchy, but he was treated for a variety of things - ulcers, reflux, diverticulitus - for about 4 1/2 years and nothing really helped. They did a colonoscopy and he was diagnosed with Stage 5 colon cancer. After a little more than a year, he was too weak to continue treatment and he passed away. A colonoscapy may have saved his life if it were done at the start of the symptoms, but he was not 50 yet so it was not done.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Who is brave enough to post their starting weight and go on a diet/exercise together? I'll start.

I am 5'7" tall. My starting weight was 151 pounds. Sunday morning I weighed 146. I was skinny all my life and even went on diets to gain weight. Mid 50's I started to gain. I was pleased, I had BOOBS! I had a BUTT! But it turned into a belly, then a belly roll. It's got to go. My goal is 130-135 pounds.

I walked 8,288 steps today or 2.9 miles.

My husband and I are both on a low carb, low calorie diet.

So who's next?

I'm pretty similar to you. 5'9" Current/starting weight 150. Goal is 130 - 135 also. I settle pretty easy about 140#, takes some effort to get lower than that. I carry it [well] on my hips so people are usually surprised by my body fat. eh, whatever. I feel really good between 130 - 135#. I'm more active and agile and have more energy.

I'm doing low-ish carb, high veggie, and 'tis the season of fasting. Once I stretch my fasts from usual 14- 16 hours to 20 - 22 hours, I'll get down to 140# pretty easy. Getting back down to 130# is uncharted territory though.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't want to get any lower than 165 seeing how I've been 145-150 pounds before and with my bone structure I look like a skeleton. 5 years ago I was told by a nurse who was a certified nutritionist that I won't look good if I go below 160-165.
Just because a BMI chart says a person needs to weigh a certain amount of pounds doesn't mean that with their bone structure it's going to be a healthy size for them.
Sure, I have a stomach, hips, thighs and butt which I could lose some of each but if it's not in the cards for me to be smaller than what I am then I'm not going to force the issue.
I'm also scared that if I lose too much weight at once I'll have serious repercussions from it.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Heart problems for starters.
Yes, I know there's a risk of having a heart condition now but so far my ticker is healthy and working like it should.
My only issue is I have low blood pressure (most times it's 80/65) and yes, I'm a smoker (cigarettes ONLY). There's been plenty of times I've smoked a cigarette just before going in to see my doctor and there's been a couple of times where I didn't have a cigarette and they had a hard time getting it to register on their blood pressure machines so they had to use the old fashioned blood pressure cuff. The lowest my blood pressure has been was 70/60 and they were worried. It's also been as high as 120/90 which got them scared.
Both low and high blood pressure runs in my family. Just recently found out that my Grandfather (who is in his 80's) is as healthy as he can be for his age and his blood pressure is right where it should be. Yes, he's a little bit over weight but other than that nothing serious is going on with him.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Why were they worried at 80/70? Your pulse pressure? Or accompanying symptoms?

I've had blood pressure readings between 64/35 and 178/91 and my doctors just shrug. :gig I have dysautonomia, so it's not as extreme or bizarre as it first appears! Typically I'm 80/50 resting and 140/80 standing. Random checks are almost always in between. I wonder if it's typical for doctors to be so nonchalant about blood pressure? If your doctor are concerned, I wonder if the difference is their training or clinic practices or our individual health histories.

My sister has narrow pulse pressure and I hope she will get herself to a doctor. She probably has a mild form of dysautonomia, but really needs to get heart disease ruled out! Her husband is currently in ICU on life support not-recovering from influenza, so, understandable that she hasn't prioritized herself lately. :/

Latest posts