Ways to loose belly fat

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know I don't do enough walking but I take the two dogs in and out all day long plus regular housekeeping responsibilities so I think I get enough exercise during the day but my weight says differently.
Once my boyfriend and I move to our new house I'm going to try to take more walks.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mid 50's I started to gain. I was pleased, I had BOOBS! I had a BUTT! But it turned into a belly, then a belly roll. It's got to go.

Just WAIT -- "stuff" moves around...not where you want it. Gravity is cruel. Wrinkles are ugly. Turkey necks abound. Creases where you never thought it could happen. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1549553546476359893571050097864.jpg

My boyfriend received that in the mail. Once we move I was already told I'm going to be making it. I'm really not that crazy for cooked veggies (prefer them to be raw) but I'm game for that soup at least once.
I'm 5' 1/2" tall and weigh close to 200 pounds (I think) and my boyfriend is 6' tall and weighs close to 245 pounds.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That soup looks wonderful. I LOVE soups. Good way to get all those veggie servings in. Here's a thought: when you eat your raw veggies, how many do you eat? Typically, when folks are eating raw veggies, they may eat a few carrot or celery sticks, a bowl of salad, some cucumber slices. If that's what they are doing, there's no way that that raw serving size will equal a cup of cooked broccoli or carrots. So, if the meal is not predominantly vegetables, the meal is weighted in favor of more calorie dense foods... or you are soon looking for a snack b/c you didn't get filled up by the meal. Granted, some of the nutrients are lost in the cooking process. But... when looking at eating a few carrot sticks vs. a cup of cooked carrots, I'll go with the cooked veggies b/c they are easier to eat, and I end up eating more of them.

Cooked veggies can be doctored up without adding many calories: vinegar or a vinegar based salad dressing for the brassicas, garlic, lemon juice, Mrs Dash, or one of my favorites for all the others:

http://nutmegspice.co/qr/9-3-13/veg_seasoning.html

vegseas.jpg

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LazyGardener,
When I eat raw veggies it goes something like this 3/4 cup baby carrots, 1/2 cup celery ribs, 6-7 cherry (or grape) tomatoes, 1/2 each red, green, yellow pepper (or 4-5 snack size peppers), 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers arranged on a plate with 2 Tbs ranch dressing. I'm forgetting a couple of veggies but at this moment I'm being a blonde. I might throw a couple ounces of cheese on the plate also along with a protein.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm 6 foot tall and currently weigh 210 lbs. I fluctuate between 190's to 210's depending on the season. Eventhough I have 2 different waist sizes of pants (1 for winter & 1 for summer) I'm happy where I'm at and don't plan on any diet expect for a eating kind of diet :). I get plenty of exercise also, so I don't plan on that either.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just because you're not planning on doing something doesn't mean that at some point you're not going to try it. If you're medical health says you're healthy than it's all good but once you're medical health says you're not healthy than I bet you're way of thinking will change.

I suspect your right... I get an exam including blood work every 6 months. Last report in Dec my doc said "your healthy as a bull ox but I want you to get a colonoscopy". I decided against a colonoscopy and called and cancelled my appointment. Yeah, my doctor is a country doctor. I can't argue with healthy as a bull ox.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My BMI is 25 - 26 depending on the time of the year. When my pants start fitting a bit tight, or tying my shoes is a bit of a challenge, I know it's time to pay more attention to what I eat.