Ways to loose belly fat

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why? Well... I didn't like the idea of having a colonoscopy at all.

You like the idea of colon cancer better?

If one is not going to do the treatments, why then do the screening?

So -- here's why. July, 1918...DH had bad back pain. We thought it was from the 500 bales of hay we had just worked. Went to dr to be sure he hadn't damaged a disc, etc. This man had his annual physical set already but, it was 2 weeks out. Religiously had one each yr & always a colonoscopy, since a couple polyps prev. Doc saw us, sent him next door for a scan. We did that, went home. Got home 15 min later and there was a msg to call immediately. Doc says come back. Knew this wasn't good! At his office he advises us that DH has a tumor surrounding his colon, soon would totally close it AND tumors already on liver. 3-4 months -- terminal due to liver.

DH had been having bloating & elimination issues for a few weeks and said nothing, did nothing. Hey -- annual soon! :rolleyes:

We had to have the tumor removed or it would have cut off colon and quickly severe pain, rupture and certain death. As it was, the suggested probably 3-4 months after colon op and it would be close to the terminal date. :hit At that time, no immune therapy going...he was otherwise healthy, active, etc.

Chemo happened (as he had a business and a LOT of real estate and things to get in line). Chemo staved of the inevitable and Aug, 1919 I watched him pass into God's hands. He was a devout Catholic, we went the whole route. His time came. 20 yrs, ago.

If you have any situation that might be pointing to colon issues, please consider some method to finding what if anything, is wrong to help you change anything you may need to change for a good outcome! You may just need to alter your eating, lose weight, etc., etc., etc.

I understand not going thru all the things they want to do. Heck, I haven't seen a dr in 20 years. But if something about my body did not respond to routine help, pain was bad, there was a real "issue" NOT normal -- and you KNOW what is normal for you -- then I would go in for clarification. Personally, I am living to 105 and will maintain good health, already know this but, if I hurt myself by not paying attention. Shame on me!

Please think about your own situation. :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We all have horror stories and everyone has a right to voice their opinion. MH was telling her story - much as we all do. I'm glad to see both sides of this subject. What I didn't see was bullying...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Are you sure about those dates? 100 years ago?????

:hide 1998 1999 Actually lived 13 months...and chemo "helped" but, nothing would cure. It was his time.

I probably wouldn't do chemo.. immuno, maybe. Just saying...it sometimes pays to check it out!!

So on to dieting and eating …. more fun here.

IMO -- some bodies do not "tolerate" some things. It is true that healthy eating is better for us and the darned processors are really into adding junk. I eat very little processed foods. Have always cooked from scratch more than not.

So, yeah -- raw and from raw. Of course -- look at it -- goats eat raw grass, produce milk, I drink raw milk. Sounds just fine to me as my body loves the milk. :D For many the things that may be/have been raw are not good for us (sugar) and when those get eaten in quantity, our body systems do not process them well. I mention sugar as it is "everywhere" and so easy to partake of it without measure. For many, their daily coffee is where most is added. :D

If we all try just a little harder -- winners.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: And another....

I didn't feel the need to plan my weekend around 5 small gummybears. But if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
It began with a noticeable change in the viscosity of my saliva. Within minutes of consumption, my mouth had filled with a thick foamy slime. Though I was in a cool climate controlled room a salty sweat broke out, and I felt my heartbeat quicken as my body threw itself into fight or flight.
The animal noises broadcasting from my pelvis were an ominous warning of the violent acts that were to follow. I shouldered my way into the bathroom, clawing at my belt, moaning with pain. The smell came first. It started sweet, almost tangy. That was quickly overpowered by a cloying chemical perfume.
The first volley of feces hit the water like soda cans and nickles. The resulting splash drenching my bottom in foul brackish water, but this was quickly becoming the least of my worries.
After another moment, the noises in my core hit a fever pitch and I was struck rigid with pain. The sweat was now running into my eyes, but the room had turned ice cold and my hands began to spasm.
I felt an insidious burning flooding my escape hatch. I gasped. Hot yellow poison began spraying from my rear, changing in pitch and echo as the stream of diarrhea whipped around the toilet bowl, creating a nightmarish Doppler effect that can only be appreciated in hindsight.
My legs fell asleep sitting on the toilet. I couldn't have stood up if I wanted to.
Wiping was a no-go. Toilet paper simply became a vile paper mache'. My hands were quickly soiled. A full blown shower was needed, and all of my towels had to be burned.
So happy with my purchase, would recommend to friends and definitely buying again!

...and another....

honestly its not as bad as some of the reviews made it out to be i only had to stay in the hospital for a week after eating the entire bag in 4 hours

...and one simply said, "Gives you super powers" with this uploaded pic(sans the meme)...

598e2a445b74f638d0fe1e0e8fcfe2b4.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is a low carb thread going over on BYH. It has a good discussion and recipes. We are on a low carb diet, but the high fat for a Keto diet wasn't working for us. So I toned it down to watching calories and carbs, the weight is now coming off. Both of us want to lose 15-20 pounds. I made the enchiladas last night, @frustratedearthmother has made them too. They were delicious!

https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/low-carb-recipe-thread.38976/

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Who is brave enough to post their starting weight and go on a diet/exercise together? I'll start.

I am 5'7" tall. My starting weight was 151 pounds. Sunday morning I weighed 146. I was skinny all my life and even went on diets to gain weight. Mid 50's I started to gain. I was pleased, I had BOOBS! I had a BUTT! But it turned into a belly, then a belly roll. It's got to go. My goal is 130-135 pounds.

I walked 8,288 steps today or 2.9 miles.

My husband and I are both on a low carb, low calorie diet.

So who's next?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
CrealCritter, there's no harm in a colonoscopy. I'm a female plus younger than 50 and I've had two of them. The first one came back I had a couple of polyps which ended up being benign and the last one there was nothing.

I
My 3 year old grand daughter: What's that on your face?
Me: Wrinkles.
Her: Where do they come from?
Me: I've had a lot of birthdays, when I have a birthday, I get another wrinkle.
Her: deep contemplation....I don't want any more birthdays

Little kids are awesome aren't they?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I kid you not... I put on a pair of summer jeans today and without a belt they fell right off my hips and slid down my legs. Now these summer jeans are one waist size smaller than my winter jeans. This year they fell off, I think I need a bigger ass or bib overalls, one or the other. Having a farm is good exercise. Heck I have to walk a couple of acres to get to the barn.