We got bad news today.....

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I cant tell you how sorry I am to hear this heartbreaking news. My thoughts are with you and your husband. Ive noticed in the past few years that even people who have not had nearly as good a prognosis as your husband come out of this just fine so you have every reason to be fully optimistic and positive. My boss was basically given the hopeless prognosis 2-3 years ago, and here he is right next to me and youd never know hed been though what hes been through!

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My aunt was recently diagnosed as well. My mom is recovering from breast cancer, of her 4 sisters only one hasnt had any cancer. I got my first mammogram at the age of 35 and will have to continue. I want people to know not to be afraid, its 10 uncomfortable minutes out of your life that could save your life. My mom was told she probably had cancer for 5 years because the hospital she got her mammograms at used old technology. Sorry to hear of your husbands diagnosis but glad it was early, ask lots of questions and if you dont get answers find another dr. Best wishes to both of you.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Reinbeau, you and your family are in our prayers. What a blessing that it was caught in the early stages! One of my best friends just celebrated 10 years since he was given the same diagosis as your husband. My friend's cancer was also caught very early. Prayer works miracles.

farm_mom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that, and our thoughts are with you. I just wanted to say thank you for bringing your experiences out on the table and hopefully helping more people get the testing done they needed.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sending :hugs your way. Do not think negatively. I, myself, know at least three people who had colon cancer removed and never got it again. It may mean a yearly colonoscopy, but that is a small price eh? Let us know what happens. We will be thinking of you. Be strong.

scrambledmess

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Scary, but glad it was caught early. Here is to a speedy recovery from the surgery.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Ann, I'm so sorry to hear this and will keep you both in my prayers as well. Thank you so much for the timely reminder. DH turns 50 in February and is overdue for a physical. He's calling tomorrow or I'll do it myself! Heck, I'll do it myself anyway then tell him when he's going!
Hugs!