We have Goats

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Well it was frustrating because that one teat had SO much pressure on it, but it got milked out. I got some hardware today to make milking easier. :D She is friendly and just this morning about did me in. Also gathering a box full of stuff for her to eat was much easier than worruing about her getting out. :D

piglett

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i don't know jack about goats but i myself would tie her so she can't run out on me 1/2 way through the milking.
now please note that i am a truck driver not any kind of farmer,
however when i have a load on my flatbed i chain or tie it down so it stays put till i'm ready for it to come off

good luck
piglett

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I did.. :lol: But I brought in chains and bolts for tomorrow! :woot

piglett

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I did.. :lol: But I brought in chains and bolts for tomorrow! :woot
you mite also want to look into a case of ducktape

that will hold her in place for a while :lol: :thumbsup :clap

piglett

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey Buff, congrats on your Alpine!! I have an Alpine...and LOVE her! I use an old manger for milking in...one side is a solid wall...and I tether her collar while I milk. She gets a pound of feed for every pound of milk given. ( So she gets about 4 cups when she doesnt have kids on her) After milking, I always brush her while on the stand. I hope your doe calms down, Alpines are GREAT milkers....

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I know it will be better, these two days have been a tad rough though. I do want the milk and be able to provide for ourselves at home. I have adjusted my facilities though to help :D

piglett

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I know it will be better, these two days have been a tad rough though. I do want the milk and be able to provide for ourselves at home. I have adjusted my facilities though to help :D
just remember if you have to nail it's feet to the barn floor only use stainless steel nails.
you don't want a goat with infected feet :duc

piglett

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thanks Dawn! I'm hoping they do too, I am going down there with confidence and a better attitude! :woot Milking equipment is sanitizing right now!