We have Goats

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thanks! It went better, but it got a mess. I need to make some changes to my milking stand. FOR SURE. I got only 5 or 6 ounces. Baby sucked on it some, but I am going to rework it for tomorrow morning.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Just saw some runny poop, it may be the baby's. What could cause it?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Change in feed from what was fed prior is most likely, and stress of being in a new place. That's the bad thing of buying from an auction, you have almost no clue what kind of feed they were getting before, and goats have sensitive digestive systems. I'd go up on some quality hay, and less on the grain for a few days and see if that helps. If it's the kid, she could be getting a bit much milk, and getting a touch of the scours. have you been pulling her at night? If not, try it. Is she old enough for hay yet? She might could use some.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
They have hay available all times, and some grain. Just basic stuff though, no EXTRA junk. I am not sure I will be keeping them much longer though :/

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Come on buff...I've never known you to simply give up. Hang in for a bit longer. ;) It's probably just their change of feed has given them a bit of upset. They'll calm down and things will smooth out for you soon. P a t i e n c e my dear little brother :hugs

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I know, it is unheard of for me. But they are getting the best of me. ALREADY

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I know, it is unheard of for me. But they are getting the best of me. ALREADY
Nope. They're getting the worst of you at the moment :p You're NOT a quitter! Don't start now either! I mean it :old Give a time frame, make yourself stick to it, make it reasonable, and then if you feel the same way THEN entertain the idea that it's not for you and you may look into getting rid of them. Please. Seriously. I have never seen you want to just lay down and quit like this. It's not good buddy.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I know, Cindi. But they aggravating the heck out of me. I can't pasture them. The fence and its many thousands of voltage can't keep her in. I tried to tether her today, and as I figured didn't work. So I am bringing them food now, which is fine but I am sure will get old. My milking was a disaster this morning, but I noticed the baby is using that teat now. So I won't have to milk it out as often.

I feel overwhelmed. Its because I'm not used to it but still!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I went through the SAME feelings early on, and then enjoyed the goats immensely, and then got tired of them eating the chickens feed and terrorizing my birds. :p IF I had a totally seperate place for JUST goats though...I'd have not gotten rid of mine either. Trust me, they grow on you. They are some aggravating beasts, but they also give a lot, in entertainment, milk, etc. It'd help if you just got rid of the doeling and kept the doe for milking, or trade the doeling for another nanny. When they have babies at their side...they are horrendous and ya just want to have barbecue. :hu Look into it, but don't just give up yet ;)