We need a new vacuum - Bagged or Bagless ?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a Dyson bag less. I love it. It's a wreck but keeps on trucking.

No powder huh??? I used mine to vacuum DE out of the carpet, and ash off of he hearth. I use it on my wood floors, once I even vacuumed my porch.

Ooopps!! :hide

I would like to have the vacuum detailed. It needs a good cleaning!! :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Nifty said:
I've dealt with that "oh the vacuum must have been used" smell. I wonder how often it is attributed to the dirty bag or the rest of the path the air travels throughout the vacuum system.

Also, regarding powder: I've read that any kind of powder can be bad news for most bagged or bagless vacuums and they suggest trying to sweep up most of it or use a shop vac to save your upright.
I just cleaned out my vacuum. I thought it was the filter. Nope. I brushed of the stuff I could see then sprayed it off (inside and outside) with a forced air dryer.

THEN I start taking apart the rest of the vacuum.

Y'know why it smelled like dog when I vacuumed? Well, my fiance never cleaned out the thing. And around the roller-brush thing was about half a dog's worth of caked dog dander. Ewww! The whole inside of the vaccum is cleaned and blow dried. (No longer smells like dog).

I'm going to leaved it dry dome more and thin give it a whirl.

Coincidentally, the belt was split and almost broken through, so I put a new belt on too.

Feelin' good! :cool:

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, here's what the plan is:

Kohl's has this model on sale for $90: WindTunnel T-Series WindTunnel Bagless Upright

It is bagless, has a washable filter and then an HEPA filter that they say should last for at least 2 years.

Wife has $70 "Kohls Cash" she has to use in the next couple days.

Wife has a 15% off coupon at Kohls.

So, it will cost us about $10 :D

Kohls has a great return policy, plus her birth mom is a store manager, so if even in a year it craps out we can exchange it. :D

Thanks for all the help everybody!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Nifty said:
Ok, here's what the plan is:

Kohl's has this model on sale for $90: WindTunnel T-Series WindTunnel Bagless Upright

It is bagless, has a washable filter and then an HEPA filter that they say should last for at least 2 years.

Wife has $70 "Kohls Cash" she has to use in the next couple days.

Wife has a 15% off coupon at Kohls.

So, it will cost us about $10 :D

Kohls has a great return policy, plus her birth mom is a store manager, so if even in a year it craps out we can exchange it. :D

Thanks for all the help everybody!
I say go for it! You can't beat that kind of deal!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with that! Happy vacuuming :lol:

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Nifty said:
I've dealt with that "oh the vacuum must have been used" smell. I wonder how often it is attributed to the dirty bag or the rest of the path the air travels throughout the vacuum system.

Also, regarding powder: I've read that any kind of powder can be bad news for most bagged or bagless vacuums and they suggest trying to sweep up most of it or use a shop vac to save your upright.
I just cleaned out my vacuum. I thought it was the filter. Nope. I brushed of the stuff I could see then sprayed it off (inside and outside) with a forced air dryer.

THEN I start taking apart the rest of the vacuum.

Y'know why it smelled like dog when I vacuumed? Well, my fiance never cleaned out the thing. And around the roller-brush thing was about half a dog's worth of caked dog dander. Ewww! The whole inside of the vaccum is cleaned and blow dried. (No longer smells like dog).

I'm going to leaved it dry dome more and thin give it a whirl.

Coincidentally, the belt was split and almost broken through, so I put a new belt on too.

Feelin' good! :cool:
:yuckyuck

Too funny! I have long hair and so does my son, and we are constantly having to clean hair off the beater bars!!
My daughters old vacuum smelled like her two dogs(corn chips--why does my grandpuppies footsys smell like corn chips? :hu) too till we gave it the once over and cleaned all the filters and the inside!
But I will every once in awhile put just a drop of peppermint oil on a cotton ball and put that on the floor and just suck it up! kinda refreshes it a bit.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
What some people don't realize is, if you have problems sucking stuff up, it may not be the filter, it may be the beater bar. I have had to replace them on vacuums b4.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
WOWZERS!

I put the thing together and vacuumed a 15x5 area and WOW... all the stuff that got pulled up was CRAZY. Being able to see inside of what you're grabbing really is cool.

Then my 7 year old wanted in on the action. She took it into her bedroom, but there was only a 10x3 foot path of toyless floor, but it would have to do. HOLY COW you should have seen all the junk that was hiding in just that tiny part of her bedroom floor. YIKES!

She got so excited that she did around the baseboards in the kitchen.

But this all paled in comparison to the MOTHER LOAD...

I pulled off the cover plate on the bottom of the fridge and I think a couple bunnies had died under there. :bun :bun :bun :sick

You should have seen all the fuzz pulled out from there and off the bottom coils. YOINKS!

I think I'll really like this thing. It has the primary "washable" filter and then the "shake off" HEPA filter. Both still look really clean even after all that initial work.

:woot

Latest posts