We want SS T-shirts- discuss-

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My first reaction to the title of this thread was
panic.gif
Panic!

I thought "Who in the world would be wanting an SS T-Shirt?

When I began to read the thread...
I then realized the "SS" was short for "Sufficient Self"
whew.gif

Nobody was wanting T-shirts of those Nazi fellows that were founded to be
the personal body guards of Hitler. May His name be blotted out!

Then I felt rather silly for having such a thought in the first place.
Blush.gif

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lol Rebbetzin!! I got into a facebook discussion one time and someone got mad at me for referring to it as "SS".

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like fun!

I think if y'all come up with a good design we can get them printed and do all the inventory, payment processing, shipping, customer support, etc. through the BYC Store. That way we can usually get better pricing and better products than using someone like CafePress, etc.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
My first reaction to the title of this thread was http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/Email icons/2008 new icons/Emotions/panic.gif Panic!

I thought "Who in the world would be wanting an SS T-Shirt?

When I began to read the thread...
I then realized the "SS" was short for "Suffecient Self" http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/Email icons/2008 new icons/Emotions/whew.gif

Nobody was wanting T-shirs of those Nazi fellows that were founded to be
the personal body guards of HItler. May His name be blotted out!

Then I felt rather silly for having such a thought in the first place.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/Email icons/2008 new icons/Emotions/Blush.gif
I have issues with using "SS" also. I grew up with my father's horror stories. Anytime I hear or see "SS" I get a nasty feeling in my gut. Then I remind myself, that not everyone grew up with those references, thank goodness, and I am slowly getting used to having a positive association with the abreviation for Sufficient Self.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MsPony said:
TanksHill said:
:pop

You know we really should replace this popcorn (probably GMO) with a smiley eating a carrot or something.

g
:gig
Hmmm, I don't have a smiley eating a carrot or any other vegetable.

Here is one drinking and eating something.. I suppose it could be a healthy snack...
EatandDrink.gif

Or this one eating pizza...
thpizza.gif

Or this one checking the fridge...
checkingfridge.gif

Or this smiley drinking too much..
Drinkinglittlecups.gif

I have this one for when something makes you laugh so hard you spit out your coffee on the screen.
coffeespit.gif

Here is one I should have put up for Valentine's Day!!
But chocolate is good every day!!
EatingChoc.gif

Oh... I did fine a smiley eating an orange!!
oranges.gif

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For getting T-shirts done on an individual basis, you can't beat a company called "Big Frog"

They recently opened a store here. They do printing on about anything but specialize in T-shirts. It is a printing process that uses fabric dye. Not silk screened, so the dye goes into the fabric.

And the price is great!! $14.95 for a custom shirt. I had one made for my husband for Valentie's day...

FinishedBeardTshirtemail.jpg

and then this week I had some labels made for my sewing projects. I got 48 labels for $20.00 and the fellow and I spent about an hour working out the design on his computer, and in less than 5 minutes I had my labels!

I took in the fabric, an unbleached muslin.

HanMeDownFinishedTagemail.jpg

This will save me so much time! I usually do a counted cross stitch label for the things I make... and it takes longer to do the cross stitch label than it does to to make the gift!!

JenniferTag02email.jpg

TagonDuckApronemail.jpg

Anyhow for those of you who like to make T-shirt designs, if you have a Big Frog in your area check them out. They will do ONE shirt or a hundred. (the prices go down per shirt as the amount goes up) There is NO set up fee!!

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
SS? What about a tshirt with SSS? But that's just my warped old brain talkin'. (shoot, shovel, shut up - the solution to your poultry problems)

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm so on board with a Tshirt/tank top!

I prefer the sarcastic humor type stuff - so WZ's button made me laugh! (I love animals....for dinner)

Keep us posted on how this goes and when we can start getting stuff - I know I'd buy a few for some friends too!

Latest posts