wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
upload_2019-1-31_8-40-57.png

Current weather - it has warmed up about 4 degrees since the sun came up, lol

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The wheel on the gate into my area at the farm is frozen. I have to go in thru another field. I put some ashes around it this morning and it's supposed to be sunny, so when I go back out, I'll see if I can open it.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There is an article in the local paper talking about how it is so cold out that taverns in the area are closing. This is Wisconsin and yes, people will travel in this weather for a beer.
We had snowmobiles racing up and down the road last night ... my dogs insisted they be allowed out to bark at them.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Son's water meter froze. The water company wanted $60.00 to come and unfreeze their own meter. I told my son to just put a hair dryer on it. He said it screamed and hollered, then it let loose and he has water now. I told him to call the water company to come and bury it deeper but they refused, said it's ok like he didn't know what he was talking about.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We had some sleet this evening, following rain most of the day. I saw on the news this evening that Britain is in chaos with their snow. Which is VERY little compared to what you guys are having to deal with!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Propane torch the wheel hub maybe?

I used a heat gun. It took a few minutes, but I got it loose. I hadn't been going to worry about it, but going thru the other field was such a pain. Plus, I have some bags of feed I want to put in my feed cans, and couldn't get them in any other way-unless I wanted to drive thru another field and go in another gate-as long as they're not frozen either! Haven't tried any of them-I don't need to open them.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I used a heat gun. It took a few minutes, but I got it loose. I hadn't been going to worry about it, but going thru the other field was such a pain. Plus, I have some bags of feed I want to put in my feed cans, and couldn't get them in any other way-unless I wanted to drive thru another field and go in another gate-as long as they're not frozen either! Haven't tried any of them-I don't need to open them.

Heat gun is good, glad you got it unstuck.