I don't believe I will need to water the garden tonight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-144154_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220601-144154_Facebook.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 60

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bad stuff passed south and north of us. Strong winds and heavy rains for about 10 minutes.
Calm now. Power outages about 10 miles to the west
Have a dentist appointment in the morning, will check on the garden.

most of those rains missed us too. could use a refresher this morning but no luck by the looks of things. will go out and water in a bit. waiting for the sun to warm up the soil before i cool it off again with some well water.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We got a "possible 20% chance of rain" yesterday at the hay field. After all the hay had been raked. So, Plans were to see about tedding it out today. There was a 30% chance at 2, 50% at 3:30.. I went up and tedded it out and it wasn't too bad. So then I tedded it out a second time and told DS that it was ready to rake. He got off work early and came and started baling the 2 rows I had raked as I kept going. It started to turn dark, thunder in the distance. he was baling as fast as the tractor could do it, and I stayed 2 rows raked ahead of him. It turned black, and then big fat drops then pouring down hard rain. A half hour more and we would have been finished. So I will have to once again tedd out the 2 raked rows, and flip the rest to get it dried. The stuff today didn't look too bad for having gotten soaked yesterday... after today's pouring down rain... it will be little more than filler. But it will have to be worked up, dried out, and gotten off the field. So aggravating.

It rained at the house too, and now the sun is back out. Not much to do though, it rained so hard at the hay field that the water was running down the road, really poured over there. I think we only got a few tenths here. Looks like we might not be getting any more ....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bad stuff passed south and north of us. Strong winds and heavy rains for about 10 minutes.
Calm now. Power outages about 10 miles to the west
Have a dentist appointment in the morning, will check on the garden.

According to my neighbor, we got 4 10ths of an inch out of the storm. But not more than 10 miles north they got over an inch. Seemed to be one of those localized kind of thunderstorms. Everyone got their power back, I hope?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
According to my neighbor, we got 4 10ths of an inch out of the storm. But not more than 10 miles north they got over an inch. Seemed to be one of those localized kind of thunderstorms. Everyone got their power back, I hope?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
As far as I know almost all had power back in 24 hours

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had rains here last night but not bad. Maybe 1/2". The heavy t-storms split and went north and south of me. They got the whole show -- thunder, lightening, winds and heavy rain. Some close enough I could see the lights in the distance.

It's 80 out now, humidity seems about 90! 😔. Cold front moves on in. So improvements on humidity....soon, I hope. It just drags you down so much this high.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It was starting to look like we trying to start a fire season.... hot and dry!

But on Sunday it started to rain HARD, in the middle of the church services!

The church has a tin roof.... sounded like hail, it was crazy loud. But I looked out the window and the mountains across the bay were in full sun.

Rained a bit more Monday... nice.

Back to sun today.