Weather

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The coast got more. It's always bad when we have an atmospheric river come through. We get them during winter and early spring regularly. June is very abnormal

too bad they won't go further south as i'm sure that California and Colorado would love a good drenching right about now.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At least part of it would do them good. All of it would do flash floods.

Few years ago we had one go through that dumped 10 inches in four days.

The worst part is it ups the landslide risk. Landslide season has been long this year but not super bad. But when we dry out, there will be even more and taller grass and weeds for fire season.

Mom said they've been in the high 80s and 90s. I reminded her we had hotter Junes when I was in school. Heck the year I graduated, they had just cut the second alfalfa crop. You can see the the windrows in my graduation pictures from the party at Grandma's.

I grew up in the semi-arid desert of on the east side of the mountains where we'd get 10 inches in a good year, and now live on the very wet side. We average 56 inches a year here. Seattle only gets 37 because they are in the Olympic Mountains rain shadow. My friend down in Raymond near the coast gets 96, and Forks up on the west side of the Olympics gets 110. Forks is in the temperate rainforest there.

No I don't own an umbrella and they are rare to see here, usually tourists. Usually it's lots of drizzle but umbrellas take up a hand and don't help much with that. Hoods are common. Rain is why hubby always has a hat in the truck and several at home.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
forecast this week looks ok for the next few days and then up to 96F on Wednesday.

Wednesday is the day of the garden club meeting in the afternoon at the library so this will work out ok for me, by then a break will be appreciated.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
headed for a heat index in the 100s today-our avg temps should be in the 70s. they are talking about overheating cars and road buckles this afternoon. right now it is 74 F and 96% humidity. I set the AC to 74. Oldest is only working in the fields until 11:30. Closing up the blinds and turning on some ceiling fans. Stay cool and safe everyone!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'm hoping i can get the garden i'm working on today done by 11am.

this week is bouncing all over the place, 73 forecast for Saturday and then back to 91 for Tuesday. we'll see, i'm sure things will change... time for a quick breakfast and then to get to it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's so hot, deer are around the pond for a drink in the middle of the day. I can't say I blame them, if I were a deer, I would be hanging by a water hole myself, on a day like today. Pretty looking red coat on this one.
IMG_20220614_114853497~3.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸