Weather

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i missed out on snow. Dusting to 1/2"
I’m 100% willing to share. This was taken at my grandmother’s house today. image.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh, wife is in full Mississippi ice storm mode.

We had 2 inches of snow and now it's freezing rain. Every time it snow storms, I keep telling her it snows differently up here and each storm is different. Finally she stepped outside. Lo and behold it was not as vicious as down south. She is now speculating on how the village plows are working the roads, and won't listen to me that we are prepared for this crap every season.

Love my wife. One of these storms are going to cause my head to explode though
The question is though... Can you make french toast? Got milk, bread and eggs?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
$hip on a stick! That's cold, lol.

My question for you cold weather folks - does it get to a point where cold is just cold? I mean, can you really tell much difference between 10 and -10?

yes. :) but to me the biggest factors are if it is raining vs. snowing and the amount of wind involved. i used to purposely go out hiking in blizzards, i knew how to dress properly and had the right boots and always had a great time with it. when i got back other than having a hat and facemask plastered with snow and perhaps some frozen stuff in any bits of exposed beard it was generally more wet from sweat than anything. not cold until i stopped. just make sure your coat, pants, boots and mittens are not restricting the blood flow to your extremities and all should be well.

for the most part. :)

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I agree! Below 0 is just really freaking cold. The only different to me is my car seats don't squish at -20 or colder and my car radio/screen electronics malfunction below -20.
Agree as well. When the car can't warm up enough for the radio then I can tell (same temp as when my nose hairs freeze just breathing) otherwise it is just cold but but cant really tell the difference

Latest posts