Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well then, I guess it is officially but not by the calendar, winter ❄️🌨️❄️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:clap

My kind of day!

it was perfect! and yes i did actually get some chores done. i don't recall what they were but they must have been important since i'm still alive. :) i have a few dishes to wash up this evening, some jars that a cousin gave back to us in rather icky condition. Mom gave them to my brother to run through his dishwasher but they're not clean enough so i soaked them all day in water and soap and then drained them, filled them back up with water and put a little bleach in there too. so that should make it easier to scrub them. i'm pretty sure that whatever the dishwasher did it baked the stuff on them when doing the final dry so... scrubby, muscle power, wooden spoon and patience... if i had some small fish i'd just put a few of them in there for a few months and let them and biology digest the stuff for a bit but Mom wouldn't quite like that nearly as much as i would.

oh, yeah, perhaps some hydrogen peroxide may have helped, but we'll see what going the other route does first... no rush, we have cases of jars already i just hate to leave anything in a box someplace that can't be used when we need it later. they need to be put away clean. i'd spank my cousin if i could get away with it. :)