Weather

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In my mind, I'm already starting seed.....does that mean it's March here??? I'd be ok with that! Jan & Feb don't offer much. Heck, I'd even skip out on my Jan B'day! How about you FEM? We don't need them much now anyway, toss 'em! 😁 :old

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

i don't want to skip any of it. i need the time to read and recover from a busy season and this year is no different. actually, i'm taking the following five days off to let my back recover from a small strain. after TG if the weather warms up enough i'll get back to cleaning up gardens again. otherwise, i'm on vacation from that for a while. in a few days i'll start back on light exercises and stretches again.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hurt my back too, not great timing. January would have been a better time for that!

exactly! but i was out there shovelling away in the heavy clay soil we have and i really should know better to lift out smaller chunks with the shovel, but it was what i did so learn the lesson i hope and will cut things down into smaller bites when shovelling next time.

the beginning of the colder weather we call turtle season because you want to pull everything inwards and your body gets more stiff too with the cold. i think that is also a part of why i boobooed...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
exactly! but i was out there shovelling away in the heavy clay soil we have and i really should know better to lift out smaller chunks with the shovel, but it was what i did so learn the lesson i hope and will cut things down into smaller bites when shovelling next time.

the beginning of the colder weather we call turtle season because you want to pull everything inwards and your body gets more stiff too with the cold. i think that is also a part of why i boobooed...
Digging in wet clay soil in November messed me up bad 11 years ago. Herniated disk. And surgery.