Weather

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

yes, we had the same squall line go through here in MI too and it seemed very much like tornado weather to me. we've had a tornado go through our neighborhood before (i was here and it was less than 200yards away - luckily it was a small one). there was no report of any local tornadoes, but the power was out for most of yesterday and up until this evening.

we didn't have nearly the same trouble as those folks down further south so my heart definitely aches for them who've had the damage and/or loss of life or injuries. :(

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Back to circling zero....

But it didn't snow today... and we saw sky...

Weather man says we should have a break in the snow... we all know the weatherman never tells the truth....

Pray that he is right this time... spouse and I, and one kid, have to drive up to Anchorage this week...be there all week.

Spouse and I are both getting cataract surgery... but have to be there all week since our eyes are so bad our retinal detachment risk is high... Kid has to come and be our driver.

Heart stress test I tell ya... having kid drive my car in the big city... :barnie

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Back to circling zero....

But it didn't snow today... and we saw sky...

Weather man says we should have a break in the snow... we all know the weatherman never tells the truth....

Pray that he is right this time... spouse and I, and one kid, have to drive up to Anchorage this week...be there all week.

Spouse and I are both getting cataract surgery... but have to be there all week since our eyes are so bad our retinal detachment risk is high... Kid has to come and be our driver.

Heart stress test I tell ya... having kid drive my car in the big city... :barnie
I know what you mean on the forecasts today.

I really hope all goes well with your eye tests 🤞 and you both get the help you need

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
9c and feels like 8 according to the forecast reading.

It's very damp andcwe should have rain later
We have a very peculiar grey looking sky the other evening it had a yellow tone too it.

A lady down the road was on her door step looking at this sky she said it actually scared her.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Looks like a mill pond... just needs a wheel.

What is that area supposed to look like?
Yes, the historic mill. About 20 years ago, the concrete dam was put in place as a point of interest.
What it normally looks like

Attachments

• 20210801_181634.jpg
    20210801_181634.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 72