Weather

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It seems the winter storm (for you guys) are over? If not, it's about dang time it goes! Either way, I figured let's start a new discussion for comparing notes and temps and general gripes about this wonderful season called winter :)

Today was simple gorgeous here, 13C and sunny, but I hear we're in for fierce winds over the weekend, mostly along the coast, but Co Tipperary fancies itself a coastal county apparently, so we'll probably get blown to hades as well... Next week winter is back with...

"‘Unsettled and cold’

The outlook for next week is “unsettled and cold”, according to Met Éireann.

Monday will see scattered outbreaks of rain with some sleet on higher ground. Afternoon temperatures will range from five to eight degrees in moderate westerly breezes. Skies will clear on Monday night and a sharp frost will set in.

The east and south will stay largely dry but showers will affect the west, north and central areas and they will turn increasingly wintry overnight. Lowest temperatures will range from plus one and minus two degrees in moderate westerly winds.

Tuesday will be the coldest day of the week with maximum afternoon temperatures of two to five degrees. There will be showers of hail and sleet, mainly affecting the west and north, where some snow is likely as well. West to northwest winds will be moderate.

Tuesday night is expected to be very cold with temperatures as low as minus three or minus four degrees and a widespread sharp to severe frost with a risk of ice on roads.

It will stay cold for the rest of the week as well with occasional rain or sleet and frost most nights."

What's happening by you guys?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry...:( But we did have sleet a couple days ago and 27 degrees. That should give a Texan a good enough excuse to _itch and moan, lol!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
45 here -- big winds tho.

we had 25 one day last week and 65 the next!! :idunno Then rain, then cold, now normal temps. Huge rain night before last, winds and whole 9 yds.

Been a freaky winter. Tote hot water to frozen troughs two days, then work in shirt sleeves the next. You need to read the temp gauges before you dress to go out. :D Shorts or long johns.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Started this morning at -5 *F on the thermometer - with the 15 mph wind that is about -26 *F
Good news is the sun is out...

I expect the eggs to be frozen in the nest box. The hens got yesterdays frozen eggs scrambled and still warm this morning.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went to do some logging at the crack of dawn this morning. The ground was only frozen about 3" deep. Not near enough to log yet as the bobcat sinks. I'm hoping the artic swirly thingamahjobber freezes us up good and solid - I need logs for the sawmill.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Beautiful cold day here today with pretty snow all day long, though none of it stuck. Just drifted around on the wind all day. Lovely!!!

Latest posts