Weather

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
it was 40 F yesterday! I spent 5 hours outside in a sweatshirt :) splitting and stacking wood, watching the kids play, and cleaned out the coop a bit. Today cold and a snow storm and then in the teens this week. I wish the nice weather would stay, it is was soooo good for the soul and body. I am tired of winter.
It was lovely! DH and kids split and stacked wood here too. DH and DS14 disassembled my greenhouse - it was damaged in the last 2 wind storms and will need to be rebuilt somehow. I went grocery shopping (quickly!) and bought gas. Who wants to do that in the cold?

I wonder how much snow we could get. Looks like anywhere from 3 to 14 inches. I think the band of most snowfall will be east of me - so you might get it?

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder how much snow we could get. Looks like anywhere from 3 to 14 inches. I think the band of most snowfall will be east of me - so you might get it?
I think you are right! They moved us into the 6+ range, most of it to start this evening after dinner. I do see a few flakes here and there though already. The wind is already up there and cutting like a knife. I hope you are on the 3 inch side of things.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I think you are right! They moved us into the 6+ range, most of it to start this evening after dinner. I do see a few flakes here and there though already. The wind is already up there and cutting like a knife. I hope you are on the 3 inch side of things.
Maybe no luck. current forecast is 7 - 11 inches. Sounds, well, exciting... if you have nowhere to go and the power stays on and you don't have to plow a driveway. :lol:

We might get a snow day out of this?

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe no luck. current forecast is 7 - 11 inches. Sounds, well, exciting... if you have nowhere to go and the power stays on and you don't have to plow a driveway. :lol:

We might get a snow day out of this?
I am hoping a late start if anything-I don't want to drive in it before the sun comes up.

and yes--if I had nowhere to go, the power would stay on (gotta double check the gas in the generator tonight), and I didn't have to plow (or at least shovel some) the driveway. Our driveway is so big and DH will be at work before I get up AND the plow always makes it so deep at the end.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
274347011_5288731807813306_6666849989654135626_n.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
More gifts from Texas expected tomorrow. Complete with flood and severe storm warnings. What's this four fingered thing you sending us Tex? Ya'll got some of the strangest looking storms and done put up 4 alerts for us 🙄

Screenshot_20220221-203955.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We are scheduled to get several little "fronts" through here, from west and south.... but all in the form of rain.... It is so muddy now..... 1-3 " of rain over the course of the next 3-4 days, temps in the 50's and even 60's.... then dropping off to the 40's for days on the weekend and nights back into the 20's....And we had 6 inches of snow just last weekend with temps in the teens at night and 30's days for a couple days... then warmed into the 60's and it all melted...
Been worse than a yo-yo....

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am hoping a late start if anything-I don't want to drive in it before the sun comes up.

and yes--if I had nowhere to go, the power would stay on (gotta double check the gas in the generator tonight), and I didn't have to plow (or at least shovel some) the driveway. Our driveway is so big and DH will be at work before I get up AND the plow always makes it so deep at the end.
School is cancelled. :celebrate

I won't like it tomorrow, but but sounds good now.