Weather

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we picked up about 4-5 inches of fluffy stuff. it looks so much nicer out there now. when i get my morning chores done and can get out i'll enjoy shovelling. only thing to improve this would be some sunshine as it would turn into sparkles. :) it is still snowing but not too heavy.

in the meantime i'll enjoy my morning and get back to working on the taxes.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
things like that just point out that diversity in production is a good thing. putting all your eggs in one, err, basket is not recommended by me that is for sure.
We don't put all our eggs in one basket, this is one of 5 different pastures we use in the summer and cows at the other places were mostly all very well along in their pregnancies... but this is still a blow when you farm. The point was that you just don't always know when something happens; in this case to a perfectly good fertile bull, until it becomes a financial problem of decisions to make concerning cows that are not pregnant through no fault of their own. It was something that I thought would also serve as an example that sometimes you just don't know..... and that it can kick you in the teeth.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is cold here, 6 deg F, but the sun is out and there is no wind. I am bored and over winter, but probably have a good 4 weeks left but we should be turning the corner soon and sitting in the 30s daily. I want to just be outside building new coops, extending the one I have and planting. Soon, but not soon enough. Cabin fever is real!:p

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20220225_115823.jpg
    20220225_115823.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 63

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is a coating of ice now. DW is in full "Mississippi Ice Storm" mode. Has said 3 times in 10 minutes "if the wind picks up, the pine tree tops will snap off".

Good thing I love her
Last night ice on one of our maple trees. We had a power outage but only for about an hour. I suspect it was a tree limb somewhere on the main line that tripped a transformer. But IDK for certain only a guess...
IMG_20220224_214115687.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸