Ice
IMG_20220226_082458536_HDR~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did some scenery driving today
Nice looks very peaceful ๐Ÿ‘

I played in the mud most all day, setting 6" round fence posts ๐Ÿ˜. It wasn't so bad this morning at sunrise, while everything was still frozen. But this evening was a completely different story.... mud city. My wife asked me if I lost my pants out there? Truth is she would have had my backside had I came in the house with them on ๐Ÿ˜‚ Even my backside is sore, so I stripped outside, because I didn't want to fight it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The one man band continues ๐Ÿ˜‚ All fence posts are set in cement, I'm very happy to be out of the muck and mire with mud coated, heavy like led boots ๐Ÿ‘ my body is sore all over, but it's OK, it's a good sore.

Next comes horizontal H bracing with X high tinsel twisted wire, to keep the vertical posts tight. This is 5 acre pasture and will be fenced in barbwire with two 16 foot gates. The plan is for 5 acre to be the summer pasture for cattle. It's has a spring and creek for water. The adjoining 4 acre pasture by the barn will be for winter and new born cow calf pairs.

IDK we'll see what happens, my plans seem to always plans change... But at least I found my back corner posts ๐Ÿ˜‚

Psalms 118:24

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't wait to work in the muck! 30s here this week and talks of 40s on Fri! But since it will also be March this week, I am anticipating at least a foot more snow before we turn the corner
Muck was so sticky and heavy, I broke one handle on my post hole digger. I might have asked it to do a little too much ๐Ÿ˜‚

I used the tractor with 12" auger to dig out the holes but the ground is so wet the holes filled up with water within 10 minutes. I had to use the post hole digger to clean out the mud left in the bottom of the hole from the auger. Not fun work... It would have been better if the ground were still frozen but sometimes you gotta keep pushin' on. Considering where I was physically just a short time ago, I welcome a little muscle soreness ๐Ÿ’ช

Besides I already know... When I see cattle grazing the new pasture, I'll smile. And all my soreness will fade away to become a distant memory ๐Ÿ‘

Last edited: