Weather

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today is sunshine, with upper 80s predicted. It's wet sorta, from yesterday's rain. Thankful for it. Now saying wed thru sat is high possible rains. I'm hoping some arrives. An all day, soft rain would be so very great!! 😊

I have pasture but not the raging growth normal this time of year. Still ample for graze....but, need to cut way less than most years from this heat and less rain.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Back at it...
Screenshot_20220704-113354~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Back at it...
View attachment 19421

:th:hit:hit:ep. So glad that is not our forecast. We have not gotten much of anything here... it has been splitting and missing us. Have had about .05 and a couple of 10 drop showers that didn't even get your shirt damp; in the last 3 days. And we pushed so hard to get that hay up on Friday... Today the chances dropped to 0% in this area. Maybe Tues thru Thurs or Fri... we could use a good soaking one also @Mini Horses . Sure do not want the heat index stuff you are looking at @CrealCritter .

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:th:hit:hit:ep. So glad that is not our forecast. We have not gotten much of anything here... it has been splitting and missing us. Have had about .05 and a couple of 10 drop showers that didn't even get your shirt damp; in the last 3 days. And we pushed so hard to get that hay up on Friday... Today the chances dropped to 0% in this area. Maybe Tues thru Thurs or Fri... we could use a good soaking one also @Mini Horses . Sure do not want the heat index stuff you are looking at @CrealCritter .
Yep... Back to brutal... Just releasing the quacken this morning, I was covered in sweat. It's not so much the temperature, it's more the humidity and lack of a breeze that makes it brutal. I was going to clean out the gutters today. But I think I'll wait for a better day.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Need to have mine cleaned out... don't trust the new knees yet to be climbing ladders and such... want to come do mine???:fl
:lol::gig It's cooler here !!!!

You know I would if you weren't like a 14 hour drive away. I' was gonna use my neighbors stand on the ground fancy PVC pipe do hickey he made that attaches to a leaf blower. so I don't have to climb a ladder.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm very happy the grass is green on the other side of the fence again \o/.

I guess during an excessive heat warning, you could liken cattle hanging around the water trough in the shade, to us hanging out by the water cooler. This is their favorite place to hang out when it's hot.
IMG_20220704_181129648.jpg

I get conserned about the animals in this kind of heat. But they all have shady areas that they can get under, at all hours of the day. plus they can have a roof over their head if we get strong storms. I still make it a priority to stay on top of their water though.