What are ten things you would want to have with you when the SHTF?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yeah, but they bite back!

We need a tasty breed than can't fit your head in its mouth....

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Yeah, but they bite back!

We need a tasty breed than can't fit your head in its mouth....
True but thier dual purpuse you can wear them as a coat too. I think you could roast a mini pin over the fire. I wonder if i could try with my sisters?

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have heard that mongol warriors raised small furry animals in their pockets for their invasion. Think gerbils & hamsters. I have no idea of the truth of this statement, but thought it fit.

Let's see... 2dream pretty much covered it, I have a lot of what I want around me, plus the ammo to cover it for quite some time. Even with just my BOB I could live in relative comfort for some time.
1. Family, friends & possibly some extended family
2. Seeds
3. Spray paint to make my place look looted
4. Medical supplies (a better surgical kit than the one I have)
5. My notebook of "How to do stuff the way they used to" covering animals & butchering to weaving & pottery
6. More ammo (you can never really have enough, although if you pick the right models, you can scavenge)
7. My hand tools that I have gathered, plus a few others (broadfork & scythe)
8. My cats (they keep the mice population down and they bring me the carcasses as gifts. Emergency food supply! :p )
9. Knowledge
10. Stuff to distract (cards, books, etc)

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Loved that list! Especially the soda for certain robots.

I would want to have with me:

My family
My house
Water -enough for people, garden and animals
Food (long term stored)
Medicine
Fuel for cooking -it almost never gets to freezing here
rabbits and chickens
guns/weapons
plenty of tp and sanitary supplies
prepared neighbors

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
i guess for me, it's being prepared for something that we've been taught since Grandpa fought in World War II.

Grandpa died two years ago, and he left the following as his legacy: Love of God, Love of Family, and make sure you are prepared as possible to protect both if the need should arise. He also taught us that Knowledge is Power.

His idea of should the need arise?

1. Japan promised they'd come in through the back door next time. We've never forgot.

2. The Holocust DID happen - ask Ann Frank. If they (i.e. another country or our own wayward goverment) should try that here, they'll meet us with a fight.

So basically, I guess what I'm saying is, my entire family has been taught to be prepared just in case we should ever have a war on our soil, or if our government itself should try a huge take over.

ninny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have CHOCOLATE" lab too and a black one. Wonder if shed taste like a black twizzler or does a cream (yellow) lab taste like butter?