WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was thinking about Street Taco's, Beef in Onion & Mushroom Gravy or even Shredded Beef Sandwiches.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I watched a Utube where they did that. Amazing to see the finished product AND what it was like after rehydrating. Love that FD doesn't distort the colors. I'm not worried about 20 yr keeping 😁 but, as another option for great storage. Then, prices are a real investment and no competition.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just finished canning our turkey (except for the wings which we ate the first night, and the thighs for future roasts dinners) Ted (of Bill and Ted, lol) weighed in at a little over 40 lbs and gave us 3 canning loads of meat and broth. I still have some fat to render.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have 2 big ones bought at the sale prices of Thanksgiving...though about canning but, normally roast on a cold winter day. Like we all do to also warm the house. :love I plan to spatchcock and give half to DD when I cook. Will can broth from bones and back you cut out. I can smell it now, just thinking about it!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Canning more chicken today and stock in a few days. Killed the last of those waiting to die yesterday and today was deboning and stock making day, as well as canning. Killed 10, 9 cockerels and a CX hen and will likely finish up with 10-11 qts of meat~off the bone~and I put the breast and thighs of the CX in the freezer, so really came to 12 qts of meat. Not sure how many qts of stock it will all make.

Hope to butcher a wether on Monday and put that into the jar as well. Will likely keep the loin and neck roast in the freezer but the rest will be ground into burger and canned.

The house smells good and more jars heading towards the shelf. God is so very good!

Latest posts