WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

dinytcb

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
8 pints of grape jelly, 11 pints of carrots, and started sauerkraut.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
sparks said:
Banana Nut Bread Jam

3 cups mashed bananas (7 to 10)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 and 1/2 cups toasted walnuts chopped
1 box of dry pectin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)

mix bananas, walnuts, lemon juice,and pectin in lg pan. Stir while bringing to a rolling boil. Add sugars all @ once. Continue cooking and stirring until a full rolling boil. Continue to boil 1 minute. Fill jars to within 1/4 inch. Put in boiling water bath for 10 min. Yield approx. 9 1/2 pint jars. Also good on ice cream....not a low-sugar recipe!
Thanks!

ChickenToes

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
mlynd said:
Canned 2 Qt of Dill relish first time doing relish :D
I canned a few pints of sweet relish a few weeks ago, that was my first time canning relish too!

Yesterday I canned 3 pints of diced tomatoes. None of my tomatoes want to ripen at the same time, so I am canning them as they come this year.

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
7 qts of dilly beans... My cousin's wedding had quart jars holding candles, they bought them for the event, so I got 4 dozen new quart jars, lids and all! :D On the other hand, that means that things I would normally do in pints I'm going to be doing in quarts... oh well!

Anyone have a good vegetarian chilli recipe for the canner?

dinytcb

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing! All I have left to do is pears and they aren't quite ready yet. I have frozen fruit and canned juice to make into jams and jellies. So since I'm caught up my DH and I are going to Brown County to stay in a cabin for the long weekend.:ya

Latest posts