WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When I said the salad sounded good, I meant I was imagining it with all those crispy bits of fried lard....

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rathbone said:
When I said the salad sounded good, I meant I was imagining it with all those crispy bits of fried lard....
I know :lol: I was just kidding (well, sort of ;); I just love the pastry I make with lard)

BarefootMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Fresh preserving has free shipping right now...

sorry if someone already posted this: Code C88453

Enter their sweepstakes too!

Not that I need more jars I just ordered a case of the 4oz jelly jars... my local stores usually don't stock them.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
11 pints of beef stock. And 4 pints of the bits off the beef bones, to feed to the chickens eventually.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
9 pt of beef stew. I'm skeptical. I'll have some for lunch to see how it turned out.

EDIT: It turned out fine. Better than expected, actually. The potatoes weren't mush and the meat wasn't over-cooked. Even my wife liked it, despite being almost-sure she wouldn't. Now I think I have the political capitol to stop buying canned soup from the grocery store.

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
marmalade...made a big pot yesterday...today will be jared.and caned .as waited for my hubby to get home from work and give the final taste test...
wasn't all that difficult...was told an easier recipie...where you just pressure cook the oranges...scoop out and seed..and slice the skins...then equal amount of sugar,to all that is in the pot and boil..boil boil...and a splash of lemon...

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Black beans - 3 quarts & 1 pint ( plus another several cups in the slow cooker for dinner

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
18 pt no-soak beans of various stripes. All that in one batch! The AA 921 was such a great investment.

smackiesmommy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ok I have a question and it may be a stupid one but I am new to all of this. I make Brunswick stew pretty often...I was wondering if I can Can it to put back for later insted of having to pull out the crock pot all the time. Does anyone know how?