What are you DEHYDRATING today?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I was going to try that for my black plum tomatoes, but hubby ate them all while I was out of town! :p

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Drying long strips of zucchini to use in place of lasagna noodles

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
9 more trays of zucchini - shredded/round slices/lengthwise slices. What didn't fit in the dehydrator went in the freezer, and some went on the pizza I made for supper. I'm seeing zucchini every time I close my eyes - although -- I'm not seeing zucchini with my eyes open. My kitchen counter is now zucchini-free!! :weee

Of course, I haven't been to the garden yet today. Who knows what giant green mutant monsters are waiting for me behind the tomato plants.:hide

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cherry and yellow pear tomatoes

BriteChicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I think someone suggested Parchment paper to me when I asked what to use one time but I could be wrong

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wax paper and parchment would both work, though I think that parchment would hold up better to the initially wet pulp.

rainnotebook

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
This is only the second time of me dehydrating but I'm dehydrating all of our green chilies, cayenne & jalapeo peppers, left over from our first crop. They were starting to shrivel so I figured the best thing to do was dehydrate them.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
chicken stalker said:
can I use wax paper to line my trays to make fruit leathers??
I tried wax paper once and didn't like the results. It got soggy and fell apart. So I bought some of those cheap, flexible cutting mats, and cut them down to fit in the dehydrator.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Several trays each of sprouted rye berries, and spelt berries, for eventual bread baking, are in the dehydrator right now. Also, some marjoram and rosemary.