What are you DEHYDRATING today?

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Picked a bunch of purple basil and dehydrated about a third of it. I'll do the rest tomorrow and Monday

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Summer squash. I found a recipe that I had bookmarked, and forgotten, for sliced summer squash, dried to the almost dry but still bendable stage, to concentrate the flavor. And then with a suggestion of storing in olive oil and herbs. DH is not fond of summer squash; I thought this might help change his mind. We'll see.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I proudly sliced up three half sheet pans of romas two days ago. Put them in the car, two on the dash and one on the seat. Two days later, hi 90's all days, one tray from the dash is almost black. Burned? The other two trays (one on dash; other on seat) are gorgeous. Like tomato leather.

ONE BIG PROBLEM!!! I can't get the slices off my sheet pans. Should I have used an oil spray or parchment paper? BIG doofus! :idunno

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I use one of those silicone baking sheets. No problems getting things off the pan :D

As for the black ones, taste them. The ones I forgot about in the oven got black but still taste delicious.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I woke up this morning and decided that anything I was not canning today would be diced and go in the dehydrators. So far I have two running. One is full of colored peppers the other has eggplant and zucc's. I just went through the fridge and pulled out anything and everything. I figure dehydrated and stored is better than loosing it.

:idunno

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Exactly Tanks.

We picked apples today. When I cut them that first big nice slice of each apple went for drying. The other cuts got put in for apple butter.

I also am drying more tomatoes. This time I used the timer on the oven and didn't burn them :p