What are you DEHYDRATING today?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I canned the mandarin oranges that were left from the box I bought for Christmas, and dehydrated the peels. They make a nice addition - only one or two pieces! - to beef stew or broth. And powdered, into baked goods. And I will add some to my Christmas potpourri.
I also dried my excess kefir grains - some to send off to others, and some to keep *just in case* I lose the active ones.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I didn't dry anything, but I did pull out a bag of dried black plum tomatoes during the football game. Hubby and I munched on those instead of unhealthy snacks. Boy they were delicious. The black plum dry up really well and retain a lot of flavor. Mmmmmmmmm.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I pulled-out the last of my dehydrated tomatoes yesterday, and put them in the chili I was making. Clearly I need to dry a lot more this season!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yes. More tomatoes for drying. I would still have some but my son got a hold of a large bag and used them ALL in one dish. I was so freaking mad :somad

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Drying a bunch of mushrooms. They were on sale super cheap. I love mushrooms in my soup!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Got new "extra" drying racks for my dehydrator. Tomorrow, I'm doing the rest of the apples.

And dice up some carrots and onions and celery for the freezer.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Just starting out so give me a break! I dehydrated bread cubes in the oven today for future meatloaf, stuffing. I was proud of myself.

Also dried some parsley a couple days ago.