What are you DEHYDRATING today?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Just starting out so give me a break! I dehydrated bread cubes in the oven today for future meatloaf, stuffing. I was proud of myself.

Also dried some parsley a couple days ago.
:clap We all start out somewhere. The important thing is starting and learning a new skill.

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got some fruit on sale the other day and so now I'm drying some oranges and apples slices! woot! house smells so good today!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
WhooHoo! The new dehydrator arrived today. :weee We bought a 9 tray Excalibur with the timer.

My DW brought home a sack each of onions and potatoes. It's time to load that puppy up and get it working.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Do those onions outside.

First time I dehydrated onions in the house, we loaded it up and then left the house for a while running errands. When we got back home the whole house smelled so strong of onion it made us weep!

Now we dry onions on the back porch. :lol:

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Do those onions outside.

First time I dehydrated onions in the house, we loaded it up and then left the house for a while running errands. When we got back home the whole house smelled so strong of onion it made us weep!

Now we dry onions on the back porch. :lol:
You are so right about that. :lol: We learned the hard way also with our smaller dehydrator. Man O man, we had friends over two days later, and they asked about the onion "fragrance".

chicken stalker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have a ton of Clementines that are getting to "dry" to eat fresh. Can I make candied oranges with them with out the peals.....if so how?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I dehydrated parsley today. The field is about to be plowed and I remembered to go and harvest the parsley, before it gets plowed under. we have plenty more fresh parsley around, but sometimes it is nice to have some dried stuff in the house.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I wish there was a good way to dehydrate chives. I am overloaded already and garden season hasn't even really started!

Oh well, off to the freezing thread :D

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
I've never tried it but couldn't you dry the whole stalk and then chop after it's dry? Or is there a different challenge to drying this? I've got a bunch I'm going to have to do something with in a week or so...

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
If you air dry chives, they lose all their flavor and end up tasting like straw.