What are you DEHYDRATING today?

Dirk Chesterfield

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yesterday was green peppers. Today is carrots.
Both were on sale this week.
Spinach tomorrow and maybe potatoes the day after.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
The first of several batches of Vidalia onions! I bought 30 pounds of them last weekend from the Abdallah Shriner's which is a civic organization. The proceeds of their onion sales go to the Shriner's Hospitals for Children. So it is a Win/Win situation. :thumbsup

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Today it is garlic. Yesterday carrots, and the day before pears and apples. Another 50lb bag of onions might be in the works for next week. :D

RudeKittyLuvsTesla

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Chives are out of control... going to dry them tomorrow morning. Does anyone like using the flowers from them? I haven't tried, but they seem like it may be pretty on rice, and give a little chive flavor.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
RudeKittyLuvsTesla said:
Chives are out of control... going to dry them tomorrow morning. Does anyone like using the flowers from them? I haven't tried, but they seem like it may be pretty on rice, and give a little chive flavor.
You should try some chive soup!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I dehydrated chamomile today. I'm enjoying the first chamomile tea tonight. It's REALLY good. Wow.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:weee I got the 9 tray excalibur just a few days ago - and have tried a tray or two of everything I had in the fridge :celebrate

I've done jerky, mushrooms, tomato, potatoes, green pepper, celery, broccoli, apples, kiwi, and strawberry, blueberry and apple roll-ups.

I didn't do the carrots because I don't have many, but will stock up on more soon. (I'm going to use my little round dehydrator on the patio to do onions)

My kids loved the apples and roll ups. The apples I left some plain after pre-treating, and a few others I sprinkled with a little cinnamon sugar - they all got gobbled up in a day. The roll-ups didn't last long either.

I'm going to experiment with the potatoes one of these days and see how close I can get to those boxed potato bake things, the cheesy potatoes etc. I have cheese powder, and I think all I need to add is water, milk and butter and bake at 400 for 30 minutes or so. If that works I'll make up canning jars with little packets of the powder in with potato, put a label on it with instructions and call it a gift! (Christmas is coming faster than you think!)

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It must be dehydrater week - I got my Nesco/American Harvest 5-tray on Tuesday! :ya

I am going to try carrots, onions, & 'maters first. :fl

However, I was wondering...has anyone tried shredded cheese? (sorry, I'm too lazy to read thru 44 pages of posts, & "search" hasn't helped). :hide