What are you DEHYDRATING today?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I should think in Visalia you could work out some sort of solar dehydrator couldn't you? But I don't know if I would want to use that for drying stew. I used the sun to dry fruits and veggies when I lived near San Jose, and I think Visalia is hotter and drier than that. Aren't you near Fresno?
So you know this oven called the San Joaquin valley ! Yes, Visalia is 45 miles south of Fresno. We had a couple of days recently of 111 degrees, and actually most of the month of July has been triple digits.

I think I will give a try to the car dehydrating. And today I rearranged the patio and freed up a table to drag out into the sun in my "way bak yard". Most of the yeard is shady, but that part gets HOT ! Need something to dehydrate now.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The squash got rained on while I was at work. I fed it to the ducks :p

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
It's going to be just under 90 here today. Not as hot as it could be but it's uncomfortable for sure. I should get some stuff in the back of my car. It's reading 105 in the breeze way where the sun is currently hit the thermometer. It should be about that in my station wagon.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hang a clothes line. That worked for me :D

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
You guys are too funny!!

Things are just dehydrating by themselves on my kitchen counter! :lol:
Ooooh! Hot there too, is it? My outdoor thermometer registered 111* today! What is going on here in the PNW? We "took a vacation" for the day, and went to the coast, where it was very pleasant.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I'm dehydrating summer squash, zucchini, patty pan squash, golden, Chioggia and red beets, purple, red and white potatoes. I'm hoping to end up with a root veggie chip mix similar to the one that I adore from Trader Joe's :love