What are you DEHYDRATING today?

angelib1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does any one else have problems with cucumbers sticking to the trays.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am still doing potatoes!
What size, kind, and how many deydrators do you all have?
I have had two dehydrators going non stop for over a week and I am not even half done with my potatoes....of course 200 pounds of potatoes is a lot of potatoes!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I bought some of those silicone baking mats. No more sticking.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
I'm dehydrating summer squash, zucchini, patty pan squash, golden, Chioggia and red beets, purple, red and white potatoes. I'm hoping to end up with a root veggie chip mix similar to the one that I adore from Trader Joe's :love
Ok, NOT like TJ's chip mix. :tongue Not at all. Methinks that frying things in oil with salt is a LOT different than dehydrating them :) My husband and son are going backpacking soon, so maybe I will send it with them and some seasoning to see how it cooks up around the campfire...

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
I am still doing potatoes!
What size, kind, and how many deydrators do you all have?
I have had two dehydrators going non stop for over a week and I am not even half done with my potatoes....of course 200 pounds of potatoes is a lot of potatoes!
May I ask why you dehydrate them all versus storing them? I also have gobs and gobs of potatoes this year and would really appreciate any suggestions you have for using them after being dehydrated. Thanks!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Today I dehydrated some cilantro, had purchased way too much. Also, dehydrating deli thin sliced smoked turkey which was on a ridiculous sale at Winco: $1.98 a pound. I did three pounds. I crumble it up, (after patting oil off) and vacuum seal, then use it with eggs and hash browns to make a different kind of breakfast (burrito, casserole, etc.) It's good just sprinkled on things, too !

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Interesting! If it ever dries out here I may give that a try.

(Since trying to dry my squash and hanging my clothes on the clothes line, it has done nothing but rain :p)