What are you DEHYDRATING today?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
At what temp do i dehydrate my mushrooms ? I got a new dehydrator last yearn and I can't find my book. My old dehydrator never had a thermostat or a fan, but this one does. Does anyone know what temp I should dry them at?

TIA!
I dehydrate everything at or below 115*. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but I want dehydrated food, not partially cooked food. I haven't dried any meat or fish though since I started doing it this way. I might be inclined to up the temp for them, though I would have to do more research.

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am dehydrating maple leaves :) You say what?

My DW is making a one off three tiered wedding cake in 2 weeks with a fall theme. It will have over 100 hand made hand painted gum paste maple leaves and we found that the diluted gel coloring takes about 2 days to dry but just hours in the Excaliber.

1803_dscn1421.jpg

1803_dscn1423.jpg

1803_dscn1427.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Those are just beautiful. She is very talented. Please be sure to post a picture of the finished cake for us to see.

g

And to think all I dehydrated today was more bell peppers.

;)

fancy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Today is more star fruit and grapes. Finally realized what to do with all the grapes DH buys ( usually 1/2 of them are rotten before I chuck them out). DUH, I am so slow about all things SS.

Fancy

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Those leaves are AWESOME! I want to do that! :lol:
I dehydrated more bananas...have to keep those up constantly...little niece won't stay out of them. She has eaten my entire supply!!!!!!!! They're good for her though ;)

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
10 pounds of onions..cut into slices. Day off so canned 6 quarts chicken, froze 13 chickens. Tomorrow after work will can broth

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Anybody dehydrate pear slices in the oven? What temp do I use and how long should it take?