What Are You Doing Today?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
lots of laundry
making a nice pot of bean soup since it's cold here
trying to get motivated to organize the closet - good luck there.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
This morning we met with the Pastor that will be speaking at my dad's funeral and we talked about my dad and all the things that we remembered about him. Then picked up the paper for his obit. Then I went to my mom's neighbors and let them know about my dad. Then 4 of the kids (DH and two of the kids are at a Men's conference) stayed at my mom's for lunch. Now we are home and chillin'. I got a local trade school brochure in the mail and now I am looking over it because it is where my oldest is going to be going to school in two years.

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The sun has been out off and on here today, but still it's really cold, so I'm staying inside cleaning and organizing my basement (so I can clear a path to go down there and put wood on the fire!!) My sinuses are paying for it though. :p

ETA: Sorry for your loss, Pam. :hugs My husband lost his father 2 years ago. I know there's so much to do making the arrangements. I'll never forget how hard that was. :(

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had to go to a baby shower today. a friend's daughter will be having twin boys. We got the thrill of playing 4 games. So I had to scramble in the morning to get as many chores done as possible and now I have to finish up chores. I don't mind baby showers too terribly much but I really dislike playing the games. Feed us, open presents, have some cake, call it a day. I guess I'm getting more ornery as I'm getting older. Plus I wish they would hold these things later in the day so I have time to get all my chores done beforehand. It is really hard to get back doing chores after I showered and everything! :p

Mainergal

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I did a chicken feed run, worked on my complete organize and clean-up in the kitchen, worked on the storage pantry in the basement (just went to Sam's yesterday!) and now the wood stove is cranking and I'm making homemade pizza - Mmmmmmm.

Hope you all have a good one.

:)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my gosh everyone runs busy busy lives!

my movie stunk---well Nicole liked it but I have to say the Care Bears jipped out on this movie lol even the songs in it were kinda lame--not the usual Care Bear catchy tunes :lol:

GOSH the prices of movie food is UNREAL and should be illegal...someone needs to put a cap on their retail costs....big popcorn was $7.90 can you believe that? medium was $7.10 and small was $5.50 I almost fainted lol

but we had fun and gotta go put up and feed goats etc etc
so outside I go----got alot colder here today---brr that stupid wind

Tony out hunting. He went this morning and when he got to the stand there was a herd of deer at the bait area. Of course they took off, lol, and then a bit later the neighbor brought his tractor to the property line and started getting fire wood haha Tony was ticked--just not his morning so off he went the minute we got back from the movie....so I am sure he is freezing his butt off in that stand right now haha

honestly I have been out of the loop on prices like movies and popcorn and I sure got a realilty check today--prices are just insane haha

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Eased the pain of my dear old friend, cried a lot.
Carried large rocks to place on a grave, had a graveside service of sorts.

Placed the sheep in their winter pen.

Cleaned, plugged in, placed and filled all the heated water buckets.

Replaced nesting hay in chook palace and put their water pan back into the coop.

Mother put plastic over their remaining window in the coop.

Picked apples, picked up apples, stored apples.

Picked up the yard, wound the garden hose for the winter, generally getting the yard ready for winter.

Moved puppies to the "big dog" barn and settled them into a house just stuffed with fresh hay. Wormed same puppies and the cat.

Cut bailing twine on the front row of hay and removed twine for later usage.

Removed and stored gates.

Collapsed on the couch near the warm fire and nursed a broken heart.

Visited my kind friends on SS!

cjparker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am so sorry that some of you are grieving. Yes, dying is a part of living, but it sure is painful for those who watch the loved ones move on to their New Adventure.

Got up at 5:30, which is a couple hours earlier than usual for Saturday. The 3 1/2 year old was rarin' to go, and managed to wake up her 16 month old brother while rarin'.

Sat at the computer for a few minutes while I guzzled coffee and checked my workload for the day. I do editing at home.

Made breakfast for the kids and neighbor/best friend....pancakes, eggs, bacon. How traditional is that?

Got both kiddos dressed, despite the howls of the 3 year old who thinks we should all live in jammies when it's not a "schoolday" (Daycare)

Tidied up the kitchen, dumped a load of laundry in the washer, fed the starving cats and furry dog.

Fed the chickens.

Re-dressed the 3 year old, who took the opportunity to change back into her grubby-from-breakfast jammies while I was feeding the animals.

Fed starving children, guzzled water, cleaned litter boxes.

Did a couple hours of editing.

Decluttered the toy-and-book strewn living room and family room.

Explained in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS to the 3 year old that she is to remain DRESSED in CLOTHES, NOT JAMMIES

Remembered there's no meat thawed for dinner, rummaged through the pantry for something easy.

Did some editing.

Gave the bedrooms and bathrooms each a 10-minute "lick and a promise" cleaning.

Did some editing.

Unloaded dishwasher, hung laundry, threw in another load.

Took call from hubby at work, who wonders what I do at home all day long.

Considers how kids keep you young, through constant motion. (I'm 57)

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Went to the dump with some debris thats been sitting around for months. Its supposed to pour tomorrow, so got in line to dump the stuff at the transfer station. Rescued two suitcases that two old ppl were about to throw into the dumpster. Will either sell them at our next garage sale or donate them to the Humane Soc store.

Talked to Sis about our Mother, venting, laughing, lamenting, for an hour long distance.

Dead headed my 24 rose plants, and trimmed some photinia to make it branch out more.

Sat in the sun for 15 min to get a little vit D - it was 75 here today.

Went thru my old memorbelia (sp?) box from decades ago. Found dozens and dozens of notes, letters and cards from my ex (been divorced for 22 years). Discarded many of them but did save some of the letters, from his motorcycle travels, for our DD to read. Told her about them on FB, and her reply was "whatever". :barnie

Checked email and SS a few times through out the day.

Did a load of laundry, but its been sitting in the washer for hours. Time to hang it out for a few more hours of sunshine.

Remember to turn the clocks back an hour tonite!!!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
AFter a busy event at church last evening we were back there this morning for "Village Coffee". We hung out a bit then headed out to replace our sofa, which is many, many years old and the frame is not in good shape. We went to two stores, comparing price and quality and ended up finding something we really liked. I had planned on saving a little more and actually buying in a few weeks, but this was under budget for us so we bought it today. It will be delivered before Thanksgiving! Our first new furniture since DS came home!
We came home and did chores around the house. I'm looking forward to that "extra hour" tonight!

Latest posts