What are your kids doing today?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Uh no, not since she was 2. She doesn't usually wake up before 7:30-8 though. Weird she woke up so early today. And un-fun!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS (12) is getting aggravated with his broke leg. It hurts much less but he hates staying down. He is getting around good with his crutches and tomorrow he's going back to the doctor to get the stitches out and get a hard cast on.

DS (15) is going to VBS this week. A friend is spending the week with us while his mom is out of town. He's going to VBS also.

Grandson (8) is at church camp this week. I miss him but I bet he's having too much fun to miss me. We are suppose to meet with a lawyer tomorrow to see about adopting him.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good luck with the lawyer. That's tough. I forget it's vacation there... Our kids are still in school.

DD and I made some father's day cards, or started to. She's able to copy words and can write her own name so if we go a bit at a time, it's mostly in her writing. She briefly tried to pretend she didn't know how to write her name... Uh... Right... Good effort, kid.

Rained all day today so we worked/played inside most of the day.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My little girls are 29 and 30 now. I miss those sweet little girls at least my sons are still home and of course my grandson. I have 4 granddaughters and one great niece that still love Grandma and Aunt Linda, lol. My sons didn't think they needed me anymore but DS (12) realized now how much Mama loves him. He is a cranky little bear but still my baby. He finally lets Mama take care of him. Hopefully he'll remember this when his leg heals.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I haven't posted on this thread much lately. DS10 is in the midst of epic schoolwork refusal. I'm probably going to put him in public school this fall due to it. This has been going on to various degrees for 3 years and I'm just over it.

I told him if he finishes Saxon Algebra 2 textbook by August / enrollment, I'll reconsider enrolling him in 5th grade. (I might put him in 6th :gig). He should be done with that book by now, but he's only 1/4 through it. He sat for 8 HOURS today and only did one problem. He screamed about how he hates math and "a boy my age isn't supposed to be able to do this." Eventually he got over it and comments "I can do these as fast as I can write it down." :barnie:he

@NH Homesteader , faking they can't do it doesn't end! DS10 was claiming "I don't know" to avoid answering questions when he was 4 and he still feigns helplessness. Trouble is that he's so accelerated that everyone except me believes his tantrums. :duc

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
DS(10) claims not knowing how to do his math homework all the time, so I get to help him (or rather do it for him). Then he comes home from school with full marks in his math tests… I told him that was the last time I helped with his homework, he is clearly quite capable of doing it himself! LOL