What are your kids doing today?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thanks FEM, I hope so too. It's so unusual for him to feel unwell, from when he was a baby, he was always very, very healthy. So it's a big worry for me on the rare occasion when he's not himself. He seemed more himself this morning and said he felt much better, though his head was still a bit sore, so I'm keeping an eye on him and hoping it will pass soon!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would bring him to a doctor if he has more headaches. I've seen far too many concussions in young kids... Hope it's a fluke and he's ok:hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If his head is still sore... yep... might want to visit a doc especially if he is still having headaches. Definitely hope it was just coincidental and that everything is fine. You know how we mama's are! We worry!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It's so hard to watch our babies sick, hurting or struggling! Good for you to coddle him when he needs it!! :hugs

DS10 is 2/3 through his math assignment at lunchtime! :celebrate

DS2 is being a little devil. OMG. DH took one look at me when he came home for lunch and teases "you just need to take up drinking". :lol: Thanks honey! I have literally locked them all out of the guest bedroom and am soothing my woes by painting, erm, social media. Same difference, right?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay on math!!

My daughter is like super clingy and apparently incapable of entertaining herself for 5 minutes today. I am SO sick of reading the same books 3 million times a day! Need to go to the library soon...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
@NH Homesteader , reading chapter books can ease the monotony of reading to littles. Laura Ingalls Wilder type books would be a great start because farm animals and gardening is familiar to your DD. My my mom would read a chapter per day. I was the youngest so I was playing in the same room, but I remember her reading and the stories! Heidi was a favorite book of mine when I was little too!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
The little guy is much better today, thank goodness! I decided if his headache doesn't clear up, to take him to the doctor this afternoon, but he's better. I'm just puzzled as to what caused it though. He was o.k. after the fall, no headaches, though he sported an egg on his brow for the evening, the next day he was fine, the next headache? So it's probably unrelated to the fall. I kept an eye on him for any other symptoms, such as queasiness, rashes, etc, but he was fine.. I'm probably going to worry until tomorrow though.

@tortoise @NH Homesteader :hugs

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
He told me this morning his head was hurting a little bit, but he's feeling good otherwise. Amused himself with his PlayStation all of yesterday evening and again this morning. He just had a friend round and they are playing happily downstairs now. I asked him to let me know how his head's doing and if the pain still comes and goes by Monday, I'll take him to the doctor for a check-up.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When my kids say they hurt from whatever it's usually at bedtime. Big surprize, huh! DS12 with the broken leg kept me running for the last couple of weeks but now my hovering is grating on his nerves. Now that most of the pain has subsided he just wants me to stay out of his hair. He is really good hopping around the room sans crutches. Kids are so adaptable.