What are your kids doing today?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Mine also has the odd hurt around bedtime, always followed by maybe if it still hurts in the morning, he can stay out of school lol

He told me this afternoon that loud noises seem to trigger the headaches, which he said came and went today, but it's mild.. I'm starting to think "ears" and I told him I'm going to take him to the doctor on Monday so he can have his ears checked out. I still remember one day when I was about 14 years old, waking up with a terrible headache one morning. It turned out to be caused by an ear infection.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How's he doing with the headaches when he reads or watches tv? Eye strain bother him of just noises?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I asked him on Thursday when he wanted to play on my phone and he said eye strain is not a problem for him at all, it's just noise. He spent a fair bit of time the last 2 days watching TV and on his Play Station and he said he was completely fine with both.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD helped me transplant some tomatoes, water the garden and feed all the critters. We are farm sitting for our pig farmer friend so she "helped" us feed his pigs (I don't know/trust his pigs so well, so she just played with the weaned piglets most of the time). Went grocery shopping and feed shopping... That's about it I guess.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH's family rents a cabin every year for a week in June - and that vacation just happens to be in our neck of the woods. Thank goodness because I cannot handle sitting around for a week - I can escape and go home whenever I want!

DS10 did Algebra 2 lesson in the morning. Then we went over to the cabin. He sat in front of the TV, alone, watching cartoons and stuffing his face with candy. Awesome. :rolleyes: We left after supper so he could practice piano at home. He has a new [expensive] teacher and his second lesson is in two days. He's doing well!

DS2 woke up this morning asking to go on a boat ride. He was out on a pontoon with DH's cousin's family most of the day. Afterwards he insisted "feet water" and dangling him over the side of the dock wasn't enough. DH tied a tube to the dock and we sat in it together until a rain storm came through. DS2 and DH stayed at the cabin late. DS2 was hamming it up! :cool:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
DS woke up hoarse yesterday morning, so I kept him out of school and took him to the doctor as soon as I got my morning's appointments out of the way. He as a "viral infection brewing". I told the doc about the headaches he had and he says it's unrelated to the bump on the head the other day. They have passed now thank goodness. So apart from the voice coming and going at the moment, he's doing well and went back to school today. He had me busy yesterday!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS2 asked me ever-so-sweetly for a "car movie please". :love DS10 was not horribly behaved. So, I took the boys to the local drive-in movie theater to watch Cars 3 and Captain Underpants. Second movie ended at 1 a.m., and DS2 was awake until 12:50 a.m.! :eek: poor baby was too tired to eat cotton candy. THAT is tired! :lol:

DS10 was... meh, okay. A couple ADHD-style mishaps including stepping in the nacho cheese goo. How does one manage to do that? I've no idea. o_O :gig

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh boy, that sounds like an exhausting night out! I don't think I can even stay up that late, lol.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I didn't know I could either! I was up all night! I feel good - better than usual. Caffeine = vasoconstriction = reduced symptoms for me.

Ask me how I feel this afternoon. :lol: