1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Farm Dogs
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

What are your kids doing today?

Discussion in 'Family Life' started by tortoise, May 7, 2017.

1. Sep 12, 2017
    NH Homesteader

NH Homesteader Super Self-Sufficient

Oh and DD believes life is a musical. She randomly breaks out in songs. Right now her Tinkerbelle toy is flying and singing... Lol

sumi and tortoise like this.
  2. Sep 12, 2017
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Sustainability Master

Ahhhhhhhhh! Hope you're getting that on video to show her when she's older! Especially to show her someday BF. :lol:

sumi, tortoise and NH Homesteader like this.
  3. Sep 14, 2017 at 4:18 AM
    milkmansdaughter

milkmansdaughter Almost Self-Reliant

My youngest turned 18 today. We went to a music store and to a sound system store. He's looking for a violin so he can start playing again. This young man has had long-term ongoing health issues his whole life, and hasn't felt particularly well all month, but "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
    We're so very happy to have this tall, handsome, smart, funny, young man in our lives! (And very grateful to his aunt who donated a piece of her liver to him almost 17 years ago, to help make this day possible!)

sumi likes this.
  4. Sep 14, 2017 at 4:51 AM
    rodeogirl

rodeogirl Lovin' The Homestead

Well my little man is back in school but with him being in the afternoon class I'm not too strict on him going to bed early even though he put himself to bed at about 8:30. He wakes up every morning at 6 so who needs an alarm clock. I will admit though the 3 hours with out him wile I'm at work is really nice just can't wait till he's in kindergarten 8 hours that my house will stay clean.

5. Sep 14, 2017 at 10:55 AM
    sumi

sumi Super Self-Sufficient Administrator

Mine had a cold, so I kept him home the last 3 days. Sent him back to school this morning and am right now enjoying some peace and quiet!

6. Sep 14, 2017 at 2:51 PM
    tortoise

tortoise Wild Hare

DS2 has been throwing epic temper tantrums at lunch time (right before nap) and was a crab@ss yesterday. I let him sleep in today! He's tagging along to my doctor appointment, then shoppping afterwards.

DS10 forgot to take his lunch to school. He set it down in the mudroom when he put his shoes on and left it there. I put it in the fridge for him.

7. Sep 14, 2017 at 7:47 PM
    NH Homesteader

Ugh 2 year old tantrums are awesome. Hope sleeping in helped today!

We did more fall crafts... I'm spending a lot of time looking up craft ideas because DD is a crafting addict lol. Also nearly at the end of our letters, finished another one today.

8. Sep 15, 2017 at 12:13 AM
    tortoise

tortoise Wild Hare

Can you share a picture of the letters you're doing? I need some crafty ideas and DS2 loves letters and numbers.

Sleeping in didn't help. Today was worse. :gig. Good thing he's not my first kid. I'd be freaking out!

9. Sep 15, 2017 at 12:20 AM
    NH Homesteader

I can get pics but I'm not doing much that's too exciting, lol. We just use whatever we find in the "craft bucket" to make the letter to hang on the wall.