What are your kids doing today?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh and DD believes life is a musical. She randomly breaks out in songs. Right now her Tinkerbelle toy is flying and singing... Lol

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My youngest turned 18 today. We went to a music store and to a sound system store. He's looking for a violin so he can start playing again. This young man has had long-term ongoing health issues his whole life, and hasn't felt particularly well all month, but "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
We're so very happy to have this tall, handsome, smart, funny, young man in our lives! (And very grateful to his aunt who donated a piece of her liver to him almost 17 years ago, to help make this day possible!)

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well my little man is back in school but with him being in the afternoon class I'm not too strict on him going to bed early even though he put himself to bed at about 8:30. He wakes up every morning at 6 so who needs an alarm clock. I will admit though the 3 hours with out him wile I'm at work is really nice just can't wait till he's in kindergarten 8 hours that my house will stay clean.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Mine had a cold, so I kept him home the last 3 days. Sent him back to school this morning and am right now enjoying some peace and quiet!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS2 has been throwing epic temper tantrums at lunch time (right before nap) and was a crab@ss yesterday. I let him sleep in today! He's tagging along to my doctor appointment, then shoppping afterwards.

DS10 forgot to take his lunch to school. He set it down in the mudroom when he put his shoes on and left it there. I put it in the fridge for him.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh 2 year old tantrums are awesome. Hope sleeping in helped today!

We did more fall crafts... I'm spending a lot of time looking up craft ideas because DD is a crafting addict lol. Also nearly at the end of our letters, finished another one today.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Can you share a picture of the letters you're doing? I need some crafty ideas and DS2 loves letters and numbers.

Sleeping in didn't help. Today was worse. :gig. Good thing he's not my first kid. I'd be freaking out!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can get pics but I'm not doing much that's too exciting, lol. We just use whatever we find in the "craft bucket" to make the letter to hang on the wall.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I miss this topic. It all changes so fast!!

DS2 (almost 3) loves letters and words and has been pretending to sound out words for a while. Since he is getting a Dick and James book from Grandma for his birthday, I dug out sightwords flashcards for words in the book. Oh my! He can do sightwords! Flashcards, or if I write the word on the dishwasher (that's our white board) he can recognize it. Yesterday he did 4, and today I added 3 more. So.... wow! okay. I thought this would be a bit later, but whatever, it's here now. @NH Homesteader , HELP! what do I do?!

He was being obnoxiously attention seeking so I booted him outside (50 degrees and sunny today!). I told him to stay on the deck and then went inside and watched from a window. He wandered around, pet the dog, and eventually started shoveling the remaining snow off the deck! :love

DS11 got an ultimatum form the principal about late work and has been working his tail off, more or less willingly. It's a bad situation that I won't tolerate. Last *week* DS11 spent *40* hours on homework, in addition to attending school 42.5 hours in school.... not to mention transportation, an after school class one day, and a chore. Poor kid is about to have a nervous breakdown. He just needs to hang in there a bit longer and finish the last assignment, then I'm ready with a deck of advocacy cards, and I know how to play them. Oh my goodness.