What are your kids doing today?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I had a sleepover with the grandgirls last night. Worked on staining their gates with Aliza, the 3 yr old, a bit....that didn't last long before we had to curtail her attempts to "finger paint" the stain onto the gate. :rolleyes:

101_0580.JPG

101_0578.JPG

101_0579.JPG

She and I worked in her little BTE garden, cutting out weeds, planting a wheelbarrow of flowers, etc. She LOVES to shovel dirt...loves to toss it up in the air and all in her hair too. :D

She and I also went through my old first aid kit, which has now become hers, to show her how to use the different elements therein on her "patients". She's going through a real Doc McStuffins phase right now, hard core. :rolleyes:

I went to Good Will and bought a small men's white cotton dress shirt to turn into Doc's lab coat this weekend. ;) I've slowly been collecting medical paraphernalia for her doctor's bag and she's gotten hours and hours of solid imaginative play out of it all.

Had a cook out, played in the pool and generally had a wonderful, loving, laughing time with family, but especially with my little girls. :love

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS (12) is getting aggravated with his broke leg. It hurts much less but he hates staying down. He is getting around good with his crutches and tomorrow he's going back to the doctor to get the stitches out and get a hard cast on.

DS (15) is going to VBS this week. A friend is spending the week with us while his mom is out of town. He's going to VBS also.

Grandson (8) is at church camp this week. I miss him but I bet he's having too much fun to miss me. We are suppose to meet with a lawyer tomorrow to see about adopting him.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
He told me this morning his head was hurting a little bit, but he's feeling good otherwise. Amused himself with his PlayStation all of yesterday evening and again this morning. He just had a friend round and they are playing happily downstairs now. I asked him to let me know how his head's doing and if the pain still comes and goes by Monday, I'll take him to the doctor for a check-up.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD helped me transplant some tomatoes, water the garden and feed all the critters. We are farm sitting for our pig farmer friend so she "helped" us feed his pigs (I don't know/trust his pigs so well, so she just played with the weaned piglets most of the time). Went grocery shopping and feed shopping... That's about it I guess.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD just asked me why the rooster grabbed a hen and jumped on her. She said he's being mean and maybe the hen will get mad and do it back to him... Sigh...

Wait til my buck's in rut. This'll be a fun chat.