What are your kids doing today?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:fl my husband has a very strong personality and I am very stubborn so I'm afraid we are going to have challenges ahead because she so has our genes, lol!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
LOL! Stubborn family here too! I tell DS10 that DH is the only person on the planet more stubborn than I am! :gig

Today is all out of sorts, switching back to chronic illness routines.

DS10 is doing dishes and has been helping out more with DS2. He has been reading Coping with Perfectionism, Mindset, and Idiot's Guide to Geometry today.

DS2 has been showing us the alphabet letters he knows. Way more than we've taught him! I've been singing ABCDEFG. He says "H!" Must be time to move on and add more letters? :gig He is not happy with enforced nap/quiet time today. I have a DVD about going to the dentist for him later.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Mine's being a total sweetie this evening. He found and took some eggs to people we know in the village, knowing of course they'll give him a bit of money for it. Came back and gave me half the money. I told him that's good I have to buy feed tomorrow! lol I'll hang onto the money and give it back to him after he spent his though.

Just now he walked in with a mug of coffee for me :love He seldom does things like that, so it's special when he does. A few months ago he brought me something hot in a cup and I took a sip… I asked him what did he put in there? He said 2 teaspoons of coffee… (Me) And? (Him) 3 teaspoons of sugar… (Me) And? (Him) Some milk…. (Me) And? (Him) A tea bag!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aw sweet! I hope he's learned how to make coffee since then, lol!

My daughter has been really "helpful" today. Dog baths, cleaning, feeding the animals. I have to protect her when she gives the goats carrots, she got tackled by Peppermint the mini alpine yesterday...:hide

Now she's drawing. And talking about shapes.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
He made me a very nice cup now. Almost exactly the way I like it.

Does you all's kids also come up interesting sayings and such? Mine cracks me up often with the things he comes up with. Like the other day, he told me wants to go into the house's basement. I pointed out to him that this house does not have a basement… So he pointed up (attic) and said "The, the, the anti-basement!"