What are your kids doing today?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Um... We didn't do much today. My allergies and the fact that I didn't sleep well last night kicked my butt. So we just hung out with my mom, played here and went on a quick shopping trip. Boring!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS2 and I went to hardware store and out to eat after by ourselves. Fun! He saw TWO airplanes and ONE tractor. He blew bubbles with daddy, and picked a "mommy day flower" with DS10. He also refused to hug or kiss me today. o_O

DS10 was difficult this morning, I sent him out to read his schoolbooks under DH's supervision, he dug holes for me for planting flowers. When DS2 and I were gone, DS10 and DH picked up trash at the dog park and went out to DQ for supper. DS10 finished reading Your Brain at Work, read Mindful Teen and tried mindful eating, colored in Biology Coloring Book, and is reading Isaac Newton.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD helped me clean up the yard a little (too hot!) and did some Pilates with me. Lol she decided it was a competition, which made it more interesting for her. And me, truthfully. Then we organized her craft bucket, she decorated a headband... We worked on the letter N, and did some puzzles, matching, patterning stuff. Now she's playing dolls and I need to think about dinner.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS10 learned about tornadoes, by driving though the path of recent, local tornado. I helped DH out at work, so DS10 parked at the computer doing AP Bio on Khan Academy. He has been learning about coping without electricity. I've been keeping up on limiting his intrusive behavior - he's not happy about that! He has been reading Mindset by Dweck.

DS2 is interjecting numbers whenever someone is counting. :gig He wants to "do ABC". He's still fascinated by birds, but I switched and got dentist themed books and DVDs because DS10 has a dentist appointment next week.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD helped me move the chickens and turkeys outside, clean their brooders, and then it got cloudy and windy so she helped me round them up and bring them back inside. She caught an escape chicken for me!

I actually got her to do flashcards today, letters and numbers. We did Pilates, now she's trying to do yoga from a kid's yoga book. She helped me pre-make home grown pork meatballs for meatball subs later. We are going grocery shopping with my mom when she gets out of work so we'll get home in time to reheat. Mmmm

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I read her the riot act last night. Not a peep! Lol I also fixed all of the things she likes to use as excuses to not go to sleep and gave her an extra few moments of mommy attention when I put her to bed.

Latest posts