What are your kids doing today?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
oh! @sumi ! That's so sweet!!! :love

Grandparents (4) visited today. I gave DS10 his ADHD meds (a bit too late), but he is quietly and happily entertaining himself now that they've all left. He's doing the practice problems in Idiot's Guide to Geometry.

DS2 has refused to play violin or sing ABC for grandparents. :gig He does this every time! :gig He was intently focused on playing with Scrabble tiles. We wore him out - naptime!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
:love adorable! Mine says "Morny! Howayou?" :love

I love when families adopt their little kids' language. I didn't with DS10, but we've all done that with DS2.

DS2 said "boo-ee" instead of pillow for a long time. It was the only word he said really-wrong and now we all call them boo-ee's. Except DS2, now he says pillow. :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS10 ended his writing resistance by writing an essay about the flaws in the writing prompt and how the question cannot be answered. :gig He hit the assignment objectives of referencing the question and writing a full paragraph. Thankfully his tutor has a good sense of humor! :gig He is digging thistles to earn money for a device to remove his jammed trumpet mouthpiece. His idea! I hope he follows through on the project! He has been reading The Big Thing which is about how to follow through and complete projects. I found Negative Math - which is about bending the rules of math and revealing creativity in mathematics - at a thrift store today. I'll give him that when he comes back inside. He'll love it!

DS2 threw hours of tantrums during shopping. He picked out sight word flash cards. I tried to dissuade him from the cards by showing one to him. He was fascinated. So much that he got his hands on the box before I could put them back and ripped the box. That's one way to get me to buy them. :lol: He played on Starfall on tablet while DS10 and I planted rhubarb. He went to the barn to help DH take care of chicks. DS2 saw a deer! Before DH could point it out, DS2 was already yelling "deer! Deer!"

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a feeling your DS10 and my DD are quite similar... She's totally going to be that type!

We finished working on the letter N today. DD has been SUPER unfocused lately. I don't know if it's the weather or me being not as strict about routines...