What are your kids doing today?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS10 is digging thistles out of the lawn. After the first 10, I'm doing to pay a tiny bit per thistle he digs. Maybe $0.25 each.

DS10 and I stopped at the BIG library in the nearest large city yesterday. He geeked out and brought home a huge stack of schooly books. Trigonometry for Dummies. The History of Pi. Algebra 2 for Dummies. Organic Chemistry for Dummies. :gig Thank goodness for good books and good libraries - I wouldn't know what to do with this kid otherwise!

We went to a live taping of a favorite public radio show last night (hence the big library out of town). DS10 brought a Sherlock Holmes book to read while we waited. The man sitting next to him asked what he was reading and they hit off a conversation. So proud of DS10 for impeccable chit chat.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS2 is obsessed with everything outdoors! Today he figured out how to put his barn boots on independently! He has been toddling along with barn chores. He likes to watch the little chicks and pick eggs.

He has mostly given up on naps, so I've replaced nap time with "movies". He has been watching PBS Nature shows about birds. Today was about ducks. Yesterday snowy owls. Day before was hummingbirds - he didn't care much for them. His favorite show is "Jungle Eagle".

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At this exact moment? DD is sitting with her grandmother, who is reading book after book... Which means I'm on here taking a mommy break. Yay weekends, lol!

She has been choosing things she wants to learn about and we hit up the library. Most recently was butterflies.

Then shortly we'll head back home so we can help my DH finish the turkey coop. DD wants to learn how to build things! She tries to help!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I love when Grandmas read books! I don't enjoy reading to kids. :blush:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Mine (DS10) is driving me crackers lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
DN13 is spazzing about driving an hour to get her another Chinese hamster, which I am NOT doing today. And so currently she's pretending to sulk but I know she's watching YouTube videos and I hear her giggle occasionally in the other room with the door shut so the guilt trip has more potential effect. A smart one, but she doesn't realize I'm smarter :D She so manipulative lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Haha! I love it!

I'm about to supervise DS10 making french toast casserole. It's a simple recipe and he made it once before. How much mess can a child make while cooking? WAAAAY more than mom expects! :lol: