What cam I do with old panty hose?

beerman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It may be strange but sell it on Ebay. Odd people out there my wife sold a bunch of used pantyhose and made a killing.

Oberhaslikid

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Carry some in the trunk of your car if your fanbelt breaks you can use pantyhose as a temperary replacement till you get to station.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
beerman said:
It may be strange but sell it on Ebay. Odd people out there my wife sold a bunch of used pantyhose and made a killing.
It is a very usefull material and I know of no other source. We hsve manufacturers here and I visited one outlet and asked about scraps or remainders. the lady looked at me and said "you do know they are KNITTED" I haven't felt that stupid since I last went to the ladies restroom by mistake.~gd

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fill a piece with a cup of oatmeal tie it off so it hods the oatmeal inside and throw it into your next bath...heaven!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
We put soap in mine, hang them from the trees and keep the deer away from trees and garden.

BrandedX

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I keep a few mismatched pairs (you know how dryers tend to eat socks and such) in our camping/survival gear.

I used to double or even triple layer them and them fill them with rice to make camp pillows and butt cushions. My wife then discovered she could microwave one for a few seconds to use as a heating pad. I like to also thing that they serve as not only a cushion for my head at night but also an emergency source of food if push came to shove. Use the camping trip is over and we're back home, I just untie them and pour the rice into an old coffee canister and store it until next time. Once they get too worn, then I cut them into strips.

The strips I use to tie various things with or my wife braids/weaves them into rope coils which she then transforms into place-mats, bowls, baskets and such.

mthammer11

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
A lot of beekeepers use them to strain bits of wax out of their honey during extraction.

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband works at the post office and tonight he sent me a picture of a pair of pantyhose absolutely STUFFED w/ styrofoam packing peanuts. I'm not sure what somebody was up to, but after I finished laughing at the pic, I realized it's a pretty clever way to store the buggers (Packing peanuts, that is). You could just cut off the ripped part and tie it. Knowing me I'd scare myself every time I saw the "torso" in storage.

~gd, you crack me up!

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I used to use them as stuffing in towel pillows I made. It is a good washable stuffing, and FREE!!

Monica