What cam I do with old panty hose?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
cknmom said:
I used to use them as stuffing in towel pillows I made. It is a good washable stuffing, and FREE!!

Monica
Not necessarily :lol:. I haven't bought pantyhose in more than 10 years, since I retired ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wonder how they'd work stuff into something to make a draft stopper for a door.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ORChick - That's why I said I used to. I don't wear them much so igot them from my Mom who passed away 3 yrs, ago. I should try to find another source because I really like how they work for stuffing.

Denim Deb - They would work fine.

I like the idea about onions and garlic. I pulled out my wedding hose from 9 yrs. ago to wear on Valentines. I have only worn them a few times. They had several runs in one. I think I will put my garlic in it.
Monica

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: Puttin' garlic in yer weddin' hose....definitely a country woman! :lol: I really can't remember the last time I wore panty hose....I think it was back in the 80s. No one I know wears panty hose even...I'd have to buy panty hose to even use them in inventive ways. My mama used to wear them and I've picked up some at a yard sale years and years ago but I doubt I'd ever find any now.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I used them as sand covers for cold air intakes and for the high volume air cleaners on my dual Carb beetle when I'm driving near the beach or on it. I've also used them for filters for hops trub and straining paint. Its a very fine mesh. Just be mindful of the weight you put on them / in them.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So far, I have put air fresheners in the leg and tied in a knot....for my vehicle. Used them as water filters for the rain barrels. Use them to tie up veggies and flowers. I even buy the little 1$ knee high ones, since I don't have a job and don't wear hose anymore.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
You can put them on the end of the vacuum hose if you drop a contact and then gently sweep over the floor with the vacuum running to pick up the contact without damaging it.