What convenience foods do you regularly buy?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Just to take the ramen noodles thread a step farther.... what are some common convenience foods that you buy regularly.

I am guilty of the occasional package of cheese slices, but that's about it. And only b/c of the way they melt on brocolli etc.

Fess up. What do you buy on a regular basis.

And eta occasionally coffe mate flavoured creamers--dh loves these in his coffee.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I buy these meals in the bag from Trader Joe's. Garlic Chicken & Pasta. It's a cinch to whip up, there's nothing bad in it, and hubby likes it. I also like TJ's Spinach Pizza. There's a few other things, too.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We buy cereal, instant oatmeal (sometimes,) the occasional bag of Oreos and a frozen lasagna now and again.

My kids have grown up with a minimum of convenience foods and as one might expect, they hate them. I'm a little sorry we didn't have them every now and again when they were younger. It 's embarrassing when you're eating at someone else's house and they make a comment like "my mom only makes homemade macaroni and cheese."

Also my life is a little crazier than it was when they were toddlers and it would be so nice to be able to have a few fast dinners at the ready.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Coffee, tea, coffee creamer for dh, peanut butter, canned olives.
Other than the coffee creamer, I would consider these things staples. Interesting.... Other than the olives--we don't eat olives.

So next question--what do you consider convenience foods?

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The american cheese slices. Hubby loves them, so there you go. I insist they aren't real cheese anyway and would rather trouble myself to slice some off the big block of cheddar. He doesn't like to bother, though.

Canned spaghetti sauce, I will pour this on just about anything and eat it (topped with cheese, hopefully.)

Cereal. Ramen noodles. sandwich bread. Bologna.

Oh yeah, microwave popcorn. We bought a popcorn popper and tried it. The stuff is just... gross. Can't beat that microwave popcorn. ;)

Cassandra

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
keljonma said:
Coffee, tea, coffee creamer for dh, peanut butter, canned olives.
Other than the coffee creamer, I would consider these things staples. Interesting.... Other than the olives--we don't eat olives.

So next question--what do you consider convenience foods?
When I looked in the pantry and refrigerator, those were the only things I could find .... :hu so probably, you are right, the coffee creamer might be the only convenience food. We don't eat a lot of olives, but I always seem to have a can or two in the pantry for salads, tacos or pizzas.

I guess I could add potato chips for dh......

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Actually, when I think about, I realize that we still buy quite a lot of convenience (pre-packaged) foods.

However, my hands down favorite are frozen biscuits. Just toss them a pan and then the oven, and you have hot biscuits in a few minutes. I still prefer my wife's, made from scratch, but they are a great time saver in the morning.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Mini raviolis!! Oh I know I shouldn't, but I love them!!

Latest posts