What did ya have for lunch?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'm having lunch for breakfast... a heavenly turkey sandwich. and yeah the there is bacon on it!

yay!

:)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
OH! Yum...My fave sammy....warm bacon, turkey, cheese, thinly sliced red onion with lots of lettuce tossed with red wine vinegar and EVOO...salt & pepper.

A local place charges $7 for that sammy. Stupid!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
On the black bean note (havent had lunch, starving!) I was going to make it, then take it into work and call it HEALTHY chocolate cake.

The owner of the store is on a diet, which means no chocolate, so we all have to walk on egg shells for her diet time :he :somad :rant :barnie

(and yes, all those are how im feeling.)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Your boss needs a lifestyle, not a diet! She'd be happy and swimming in good fats and gettin' skinny at the same time! :lol:

I had three eggs cooked in butter, two pieces of heavily buttered sprouted sourdough bread, and a big, huge veggie shake. I was hungry!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I was at my in-laws. We brought our own food but MIL insisted on trying to cook for us. She cooked a ham (dryyy) and served it with some scary sauce that DS and I scraped off when she wasn't looking. She also microwaved some broccoli and cauliflower and plunked down a crock of margarine so I ate mine with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. She also served sweet potatoes which I'm not eating anymore. I snuck out to the car for a handful of almonds soon after.
Don't even get me started on her idea of a prediabetic friendly dinner....:rolleyes:
She tried, she really did, but we asked her not to. It was easier to bring our own. Which we did, thank goodness, since we then actually had something we could eat.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Your boss needs a lifestyle, not a diet! She'd be happy and swimming in good fats and gettin' skinny at the same time! :lol:

I had three eggs cooked in butter, two pieces of heavily buttered sprouted sourdough bread, and a big, huge veggie shake. I was hungry!
Can we talk about the sour dough? I'd like to attempt it again, but I always kill it. Are you doing yours 5 minute style?

Can you give me the scoop?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I am able to buy it. I should make my own, and have in the past, but Alvarado Street Bakery does a fine job and I like their ingredient list, and it is available in the organic section of my local grocery store.

I do the five-minute artisan bread for pizza dough. I have made baguettes, too, which are fairly dense and are great with homemade cheeses. But I haven't tried making sandwich bread with it yet.