What did you barter today?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Today I traded a bag of pork (cut, wrapped and frozen) for a big bag of home brewed BEER!!! :celebrate IPA and Oktober fest types. Each bottle is about two regular bottles of beer. :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I haven't bartered much lately :( I'm itchin for a good deal to come along again...though we did just get a GREAT deal on our truck, and I found me a scythe for dirt cheap. :hu I think deals are addictive :lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Oooo!! Awesome topic! :D

I am bartering some design work for a chiro adjustment.

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nothin today, but recently bartered a wood burning stove for a new back porch (we provided the materials, he built it).

We have our house sold, and the people moving in want the kitchen stove, but we can't afford to just give it to them (they are already getting a fridge, and the house price is very low), and they are not sure they'll have the cash for it. He said he can get usable metal T-posts from a salvage pile, so I am considering offering them a barter for the stove if they can't come up with the cash - want the cash if I can get it though!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Oh, BBH, I'd trade you wine for bacon any day of the week!!! :p

This week we traded massage for hair cuts and for accounting work.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... Not specifically bartering but ... Just took a rooster to a neighbor. A few weeks ago, she gave me all the supplies to make a year's worth of laundry soap. The rooster came from a few dozen hatching eggs we gave our pastor. He's been sick, so his son raised up the chickens and gave me the rooster. He gives me hay for my goats and llama in exchange for eggs I give to him and his wife every week.

I'm hoping to borrow a goose incubator from my pastor, and the neighbor I gave the rooster to is supposed to be renting a tractor-style tiller soon and said I could use it. She's the one that helped check out the situation when the coyotes broke into my barn, and I gave her a few jars of strawberry jam back then.

Does all that count as bartering?

I gave another neighbor a few jars of strawberry jam for breaking into my car when I lost my keys. That car was near impossible to get into!

HEChicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Not today, but one of my egg customers is a home brewer. He brought me the spent grains in return for a reduced price on the eggs he bought.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am trying to trade my Nubian buckling for a La Mancha doeling. I think hubs decided he doesn't want to house a buck :lol: I have access to several anyway, so it's not a problem. Hopefully the guy will decide to trade :D

erthymom2

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i custom cut fabic for quilters who don't have the time or patience to do it. they tell me what they have to swap for my service and i go by the pound of cut material and swap it for things like goat or cow milk, blue & green eggs, homemade detergent, wood screws, bailing twine for my hobble fence project wood ash in 5 gallon bucke4ts for chickens to dust in.