What did you cook from scratch today?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Must be the pigs getting fatter....we both wanted BLT's for supper. Yum. Made two sandwiches with a whole pound of bacon.

For lunch we had leftover beef stew made from the beef we had on 10/7. I threw the leftover beef in a pot with a jar of cream of mushroom soup (homemade) and an additional jar of chicken broth (no beef broth in the house yet!) and carrots and a few more scallions. Took about 5 minutes to prepare...Now THAT'S fast food!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Mmmmmmm....blt. That reminds me...I have quite a bit of bacon in the freezer :D

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
MMM, we got tomatoes coming in, finally. Lettuce in the garden and bacon in the freezer. BLT's sound great!!!

I made fresh tomato sauce with shrimp. I was going to make fresh tomato sauce anyway. I just make the sauce as you would for canning with lots of fresh basil and garlic. Cut up the tomatoes (I don't peel them) and simmer them with a little olive oil. Cooked up some pasta and tossed the cooked salad shrimp in the tomato sauce once it got to a boil. Turned off the heat and we had ourselves a lovely meal.
Leftovers will be frozen. I would consider canning them, but I am going on a trip and don't have the time.

I ended up getting the shrimp because they were only 3.99 per pound and they were wild shrimp.

Latest posts